Mule deer hunt 2017

I have a friend that wanted to go hunt Sonora next year but it's just not in the budget. I'm looking for an alternative to have a good chance to take a quality deer in the 180" range. We are able to spend a few thousand each on a hunt any suggestions? We live in Utah but would travel. Thanks for any input!

If you are looking at Sonora then you have the money for a good hunt on a CMWU or a land owner tag in Colorado which has some good mule deer in that class if you are on the right ranch
do your homework check references and call hunters who have hunted in that place in the past
Good luck the work begins now

"A few thousand each"? If you're looking to go guided, you better double the budget. Unguided and you could pick up a tag, but let me tell you, it's not a given and not as easy as people make it out to be.

Back to the guided hunt. I'm not saying you have to double the budget, but if you're looking for a guide that consistently puts the majority of his clients on 180+ deer, you better double the budget and get in line.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom