Mule Deer Pedestal

jhikehunt

This is a mule deer I recently mounted for myself. This deer has a slight open mouth, but not flehming. Let me know what you mulie experts think.

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0027-1.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jan-07-10 AT 06:16PM (MST)[p]jhikehunt,
From what I can see it looks great! Most people look at the antlers and not the actual mount itself but you probably already knew that. What taxidermy company did the mule deer form come from? Can you post any closer pics of the face? quest

Quest, I mounted this deer on a Mckenzie mule deer semi-sneak form and altered it from there. Here are few more closer pictures.
IMG_6263.jpg

IMG_6265.jpg

IMG_6267.jpg

IMG_6257.jpg

IMG_6253.jpg

IMG_6252.jpg

I like it a lot. Eye's look good anbd it has the look. You did a great job in my opinion.

Yelum

If you are not in business doing taxidermy then you should quite your job and be a taxidermist immediately. Fantastic mount!

I've been a full-time taxidermist for 4 years now. I am located in Morgan, UT. I work full-time for a very good taxidermy company in Coalville. I also do my own work on the side. This mule deer is an example of my own work. Thanks for all the positive feedback.

Dude, that is beautiful... My uncle dabbles in mounting deer heads, and the next mount he is doing we were trying to decide on doing a "ruttin' look" just like you've done here... You've convinced me it can be done, and done well...
Are you at High Uintah Taxidermy in Coalville..?
Is this a Chalk Creek buck...?
Just curious my friend...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Beautiful mount! You did a great job with it. Something different in a very good way. I wouldn't hesitate to use you as a taxidermist.

BrowningRage,
Yes, i do work at High Uintah's Taxidermy in Coalville. This isn't a chalk creek deer, though, it actually came from SE Idaho. I'm glad you like the mount.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom