Mule Deer Planning Ahead

COZY25

Hey guys,

I have been researching a lot on different units in Colorado. We have hunted a few 2nd season tags and have done fairly well. I am looking to burn some points (4 NR Points). I would like to do a high country hunt either archery or muzzy but I don't want the points I have accumulated to go to waste. Many of the Archery units I like can be drawn with very little points and the same for Muzzy. Is there a unit that would better a better option that others that is in the points range?

Right now I am looking seriously at waiting another year and hunting 76 Archery, but I would love to hear what other think or have experienced. Backpacking is no problem and I would like to get away from the crowds.

Also are there any decent early rifle tags that are pretty good for that same amount of points? Like the Maroon Bells-Snowmass Wilderness?

Any opinions are welcome.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-12-17 AT 08:02AM (MST)[p]That does look like a good option for 2 more years of waiting.
Do you have experience with this unit? Have you hunted it?

Like I mentioned above I am open to all opinions.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom