Mushrooms

tailchasers

Long Time Member
Buddy found these today and want to make a meal outta them. I know nothing about these things. Are these safe? He says yes but.....

Resized_20220904_093038.jpeg

They look like puffballs and puffs are edible. They don’t stay palatable for very long though.You my break them open to find that they have turned to the grossest green mush you can imagine. If you find them fresh they’ll be white in the center. They are very mild in flavor and fry up well with butter and salt and pepper.

Thanks SS for the feedback. Just hate to see all the colors of the rainbow. He suggested mushroom Swiss burgers and fry the rest like you mentioned. Cheers!!

Pushed over a big King Boleet on my hike last week. Didn't want to waste it. Carried it to camp and put some pieces of it in mtn house lasagna. Good but about 4 hours later in tent, the gas started releasing g. Glad no one was with me.... they might have died. No ill effects the next day cept for some royal poops. Under control for the hike out. Wonder if it was too big to be good or a little past freshness date

20220827_160601.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom