Must have maps

Muleys24Seven

I will be joining the masses on a 43 3rd season muley hunt this fall. I've never hunted around much private land so I want to make sure I am well prepared.

What are the best maps to have for a colorado hunt like this?

Thanks

I don't know anything about unit 43...but been in there several times and hunted in there once. A must have...USFS map. Then, I'd add a county map, you get them at a map store, or surveyors supply outlet AND a BLM map.

The BLM map shows the private land, which the USFS map also shos, but from a dif angle. The BLM map is a topographific, and will also show contour and etc.

The county map...of which you may need more than one, is a topgraphical map...w/much greater detail than the others. So, you'd use the BLM, or USFS map to find out where the public land is, and the county map would do a much better job of showing you where the hills and draws are at.

You can get both the BLM and USFS maps online...I don't know where. Or, a good map store in your area could get them for you.

I think that is the Gunnison NF. The counties are Garfield (the northern end bordering the river), Pitkin (the center part) and Gunnison (around Marble (where the Lincoln Monument was obtained)).
John 14:6

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom