Muzzle Loader Antelope 50/52

Amiehunt

I was hoping someone could give me some info on this hunt. My Dad has been in the area but its been a long time ago and he didn't hunt antelope there. This is my first antelope tag. I'm just looking for general info.

Thanks.

You must hunt on the ranch that you have been assigned to. The antelope look good this year. It should be a good hunt...

i thought this was the public land hunt that used to be all 52 and they split it into 2 units.Which side of highway are you hunting.I would also do a search here and see some issues a guy had from last year with a NM outfitter.You may want to have the CO phone number.If you are east of highway just south of state line PM and I can give you some old info as it has been several years since I hunted but then we killed several 16 and a couple over 17

You can't just hunt any where in the unit anymore. You must hunt in the ranch that you are assigned to.A lot of people are confused about that. I just want to tell all the hunters that drew that hunt from getting fined by the NM Department of Game & Fish if they get caught hunting in the wrong area.

^Actual "ranch" assignments are quite few for this Unit/Hunt Code. Out of 150 permits drawn:

Ranch:
Mestas---20 hunters
Schofield---7
Sierra Morena---4
White Heaven---2

The remaining 117 permit holders will be assigned to the 416,248 acre "Public Lands Ranch" (Ranch N0. 50-29727) consisting of much of the Forest and BLM holdings in the unit.

Tag holders should already be receiving letter notifying them of their assignment, accompanied by a map, and Ranch Contact info.

The new A-Plus list also should be out any day now.

Good Luck!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-11-12 AT 04:35PM (MST)[p]I recieved a letter from Game and Fish saying my ranch assignment was "Public Land Ranch" units 50/52. I am assuming this means I can hunt the public lands in both units?? Are the Ranches posted? I dont want to get where im not supposed to be.

They should of sent you a map of the public land sections that you can hunt. Just make sure you know the boundaries of the other ranches in the area so you don't get caught hunting a ranch. Good luck.

There should have been a map that showed all the ranch boundaries that came with the letter. I have the same assignment and thought the map was horrible, I suggest getting a good GPS that has map capabilities on it.

Congratulations on drawing a great tag.
Lots of good bucks in that unit. Spend a couple days before opening day and scout around. Once the season opens the antelope will get pushed around a lot.
Here are a couple we got last year on that hunt.

You will have a blast!!!

3314img_3701a.jpg

8323img_0791a.jpg

SDBugler-

Congrats on a couple of great bucks! That 2nd one must be 17+. Booner? Do you have a side view? did you hunt public or private-

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom