muzzle loader

257nut

my question is - can i use my omega or optima in colorado as long as i use luse powder and sabots with no scope. does that sound right. i live in new mexico and can't seem to get a deer or elk tag for the life of me.

Inline muzzys are legal with open sights. You can use the loose powder but sabots are illegal. The bullet must be the actual diameter of the barrel.

4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

Be sure and notice the part of his post that says that sabots are NOT legal.

Both the rifes you mention ARE legal.

Fiberoptic and peep sights ARE legal.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

257nut: Did you apply for a muzzleloading tag in Colorado?

txhunter58

no i haven't applied for colorado this year. i'm looking into 2013 season. i do have friends hunting this year for elk in the
lizard head area with rifle. they have hunted there a couple of times but no elk yet. my other option is south dakota or wyoming
for deer.
thanks for your responds

Of course in an OTC rifle season, you could use your muzzleloader with pellets, sabots and a scope.

txhunter58

If going to South Dakota'try the Indian Reservation for some good deer hunting.I have a friend that hunts there every year and always comes home with a good whitetail.

> no i haven't applied for
>colorado this year. i'm looking
>into 2013 season.

BTW, most areas take about 3 points to get drawn for a muzzleloader bull tag (which is 4 years of applying). However, you can draw a cow tag with 0.

txhunter58

On the bullet, I don't believe the length is limited to the diameter anymore if I'm not mistaken. It used to be but they removed that rule I think from a lot of feedback on Hornady's FPB cause the .50 cal was slightly over .50.

Correct, I used to have to cut the plastic tip off the fPBs so they would be legal. Not any more.

txhunter58

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom