Muzzleloading Chapters

B

bluelk

There are a total of 13 Chapters. I just haven't felt like posting the rest of them.

Hey Bluelk! I've got up to chapter 11. Looking for 12 & 13 bud! My new ML should be here by the end of the week!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-02-03 AT 12:18PM (MST)[p]Bluelk,
Those are great chapters.

Question: If I use the Ole #13 natural solvent does that mean that I should use the natural barrel butter? Are natural and unnatuaral compatible together?

In other words I just got my first muzzleloader and need to find out what combo of solvent and "oil" to buy.

Thanks, heartshot

LAST EDITED ON Jan-02-03 AT 02:47PM (MST)[p]Thanks for all of the info Bluelk. I got a TC Black Diamond for Christmas, and hope to be out shooting soon. I have read all of the 101 chapters, so I think that I'm ready to give it a try. Thanks again for all of the info.

heartshot: No, you should not mix natural and petroleum based. The petroleum will negate the natural. If you use #13 then use the Bore Butter or any other natural lube.

I can't thank you enough. I hunted with a traditional muzzeloader a year ago and I was not confident past 50 yards. I bought a new thompson black diamond thinking it was just the gun. Guess what it did not help any. I got on here remembering you had posted some stuff on muzzeloaders and began to read and follow your every step. Using your ideas on how to work up a load to site in your gun worked like a charm and helped me with choosing the right bullet. I now can shoot in the siting position with open sites and keep a 3-4" pattern at 100 yards. Not as good as some of you but is better then missing the box totally at 50 yards! I am in the process of making a mule deer video and when it is done I will be sending you a copy. That is the least I could do for the free information you give out here. Thanks again!

Where might I find chapters 9-13? I'm brand new to this sport (received my first muzzleloader as a Christmas gift) and I'm trying to gather as much info and advice as possible. Thanks.
P.S. I already read CH. 1-8, and thanks for all the help, bluelk.

AirWis: Go over to www.realtree.com, click on "community", click on "Forums", click on "Muzzleloaders and Accessories". Toward the top of the page you will see a statement about downloading them.

I'm glad you like them.

Thanks for posting the chapters on muzzle loading. I have had one for about 4 months and thought I understood them until I read the posts. Thanks for taking the time to educate us youngsters. Jordan aka B_B

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom