Muzzy Antelope Unit 11 Advice?

medicinebow

Drew the muzzy antelope tag in unit 11 west of Quemado to the AZ state line. Anyone have any knowledge of the area? Any help would be much appreciated.

MBBGH

Should have bought a lotto ticket....I believe you will be placed on a ranch as this muzzleloader hunt is different than in 52 or 29. It's about as great speed goat country as this state has and there are some absolute smoker toads there.....Geeze....I'm envyous, envious , jealous , gel us , jell us....you know what I'm saying...

Nutt,

Yeah, I was quiet blown away myself when I found out. 2% draw odds, I figured no way in hell. Maybe I ought to start looking at things like that all the time. Nah!! Then it might actually come to fruition.

It's been about 6 years since I drew an antelope tag, I kind of forgot about how the process works. I did find a road kill buck three years ago while I was on a fire assignment down in that country. We rough scored him at 82" and I ended up buying him from the local warden. He's still at the taxidermists.

MBBGH

medicinebow,

I drew the same Antelope Unit 11 tag. Have you got your ranch assignment yet? My ranch is north of US60 and west of Quemado. My daughter has a unit15 ES Elk tag the same week. However, she'll be hunting south of US60. Can't wait, hope we both score!

Yeah, I received my ranch assignment. I've been assigned to a ranch west of Quemado and south of US 60. It's actually real close to where I found the road kill buck 3 years ago in the third post. I'm really excited about this hunt. It should be a good one. Good luck to you and your daughter, hope you guys harvest some toads!!!

MBBGH

you lucky,lucky sum bucks....Guys have a blast, atke your time and smoke a slugg!

LAST EDITED ON Aug-07-08 AT 07:12PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-07-08 AT 07:06?PM (MST)

I recently hunted unit 12 during the down time I went looking and found this buck in your unit.. just behind the gas station in quemado there is a rifle range if you stay left on the road and head out about 7 to 10 miles theres some water this buck was just hanging around and real tame...
489b9be753e3252f.jpg

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom