Muzzy Elk Hunt~~

Hey thanks !!

I had a fun trip with about all types of weather offered. Snow to rain to beautiful sunny days and repeat ~~

I never saw another hunter on the mountain any day at all, kinda kool but eerie in a way.....

I got home and had the butcher, laundry ect to take care of before I leave Monday back to Wyoming, Buffalo Valley area on another hunt tag.

What a fun fall of hunts/states/hiking/hunting.

I should get my yearly Body Fat reading-test done now instead of after winter in March for heck sakes.

A few pix to share,

Robb

I just was a cloud or 2 away from getting into the weather driving over and then it really hit that afternoon through out the night.

IMG_7269 (1).jpg

Opening morning at like 0745 I had a Cow @ 40 yards but she was acting funny as she kept looking down at her rear area but with some down pines, I really couldn't tell what she was looking at, I slowly repositioned my self and I could see she had a late born calf still on the tit......even had a couple spots still.

Nah, don't shoot Momma, plenty of hunt left...

So I backed out and still hunted thru the dark timber until I came to one of my FAV spots, that is a saddle between to big draws that gets a lot of back and forth animal traffic.

IMG_7280.jpg

Last edited:
I saw elk or was into elk every morning and the 1 evening hunt I did that I actually harvested a yearling cow out of 5 cow's.

Boning an elk on a Solo hunt in the pitch black dark with just a head-lamp was a reminder to me as to why I only hunt 99% of the time morning into afternoon!! haha

Pix in the dark with a phone Suck-----

One morning I still hunted into 2 Raggy bulls and I birddogged them for about an hour until they had me deep into some bad azz blow down so I backed out.......what a mess

IMG_7278.jpg

It think about Lil Sis off and on when I'm up here hunting in some of our old days area's

She is doing quite well though and I see her on the local news now and then as she is a Lt. with SLCPD.

Robb

Last edited:
Hey Thanks!!

Uhmmmm, ya mean my Wyoming Bull? as I shot a cow via this thread------

If a fire starts up there, that Deadfall will keep it burning for ever!!

+1, I have been so very happy with the Single Wheel cart over the 2 wheel cart I had years ago.....That's about 120 lbs on the cart and about 35 lbs in my backpacker frame in that pic.

I got caught up here @ home unloading and repacking for Wyoming on Monday.

After a quick cleaning after the shot, I really like to give a Deep Cleaning to my weapons after I get home.

T/C Pro Hunter .50 call.....

Robb

IMG_7285.jpg

Hey PleaseDear?

You Have Heard of Fouling The Barrel Right?:D

Just RAZZIN You Robb!

If Any Of You Guys Ever Buy Anything From Robb You Won't Have To Ever Wonder Or Worry Rather It's Been Taken Care of or Not!

Let Us Know How You Do On the Rest of Your Hunts & Best Of Luck!

Thanks for bringing us along on your hunt via MM! Congrats on some great eating- the real trophy is in the freezer packages!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom