Muzzy or Archery Elk GMU 211 or 14

hunter1975

LAST EDITED ON Mar-29-10 AT 10:21PM (MST)[p]I've narrowed it down to one of these new limited ELK muzz units for the draw. Anyone hunted one of these on the statewide in previous years? Or the OTC Archery. Please send PM.

I have hunted public land in 211 during various rifle seasons and have seen lots of elk, not so many deer. In both cases big trophy animals are few. Good luck.

Mark
muledeer.jpg

My hunting spot is so secret, not even the elk have found it yet.

Family man, how would you rate it for Muzzy or an OTC archery earlier in the season? Also, did you hunt the latter migratory type hunts with a rifle?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts, I appreciate it. Good luck this year.

Porter.

Not really familiar with 14 but used to live in meeker and have hunting 211/11 quite a bit. Majority of 211's elk move in durning the migration. Which hasnt really occured as of lately until Thanksgiving or later. There is a good resident herd though on Strawberry road heading north from meeker to maybell. Majority of the area is private in that area and most of the elk hang up on places like the Buffalo horn ranch, the Louisana Purchase, The shelton ranch, The cook ranch, and so on. There are some areas of puplic acess around these ranches that can be very productive and my dads taken some bulls in the area over the years during the muzzy season. The place id look into in Wilson creek area. I know some guys who've killed in there during archery and ive taken and help take some elk in there in the past rifle seasons. But the acess in there can be tricky to say the least.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom