My '09 WY Antelope

RuRu12

Here are a couple of pics of my 2009 Wyoming Pronghorn.

4ae7e7cb3cbb22af.jpg

4ae7e7fe3cf4b238.jpg

Thats a nice looking buck - congrats to you. He has some cool little stickers on his horns and what looks like a perfect cape.
Good job!!

Nice buck, congrats to you on the hunt. Your buck has the cheaters like the one I got earlier this month there in Wyo too. Makes for an interesting set of horns.

Brian

Very cool buck congrats.

"blaming guns for violence is like blaming spoons for Rosie O'donnell being fat."

Thanks for the positive comments guys. The really odd thing about the cheaters is that they are the same on both horns, shaped the same and in the same location. They kinda make it tough to get a good mass measurement on the 3rd qtr as they fall exactly where the measurement should be taken. If my measurements are right, he is 82 3/8" gross and 81 6/8" net. I am hoping he makes awards after the 60 day drying period.

>Thanks for the positive comments guys.
> The really odd thing
>about the cheaters is that
>they are the same on
>both horns, shaped the same
>and in the same location.
> They kinda make it
>tough to get a good
>mass measurement on the 3rd
>qtr as they fall exactly
>where the measurement should be
>taken. If my measurements
>are right, he is 82
>3/8" gross and 81 6/8"
>net. I am hoping
>he makes awards after the
>60 day drying period.

The only thing B & C talks about moving the postition of the tape for is the cutters. I've never found anything saying to move away from the trash. If anything they help you out for your gross

"blaming guns for violence is like blaming spoons for Rosie O'donnell being fat."

LAST EDITED ON Nov-02-09 AT 07:53AM (MST)[p]I had him officially scored for SCI on Saturday. He scores 81 6/8" SCI and will go into the SCI Book as a Gold Medal trophy. As I said before I am hoping he makes the Awards Book for B&C also.

Doesn't SCI have a waiting period BEFORE it can be Offically Measured, that is the way B&C has it? Still a great goat there RuRu.

Brian

LAST EDITED ON Nov-02-09 AT 09:48AM (MST)[p]SCI only requires a drying period if the animal is a potential top 10 head. You are correct about B&C, sixty day drying period before it can be measured. Not only that but it has to be sixty days at room temp, so if the head was frozen or the skull was boiled you have to wait sixty days after it has dried at room temp.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom