My 10 yoa Son's First Turkey

wymoosehunter

My son and I snuck out today and did a little turkey hunting. This will likely be one of my most memorable days for a long time as my 10 year old son got his first "big" animal. Here in WY, you have to be 12 to hunt big game, but can hunt turkeys at any age as long as a youngster has passed hunter's education.
The attached picture is proof positive that the state should allow a parent to make the decision on when a child is old enough, and more importantly, mature enough to safely handle a firearm.
My son bugged me all the way home on when he can go deer and antelope hunting for himself. Unfortunately, he is going to have to wait until he is 12. However, a good friend of mine has access to a couple of ranches in Texas and I think we will be taking a trip this year for a whitetail and a pig or two.
Many thanks to the men and women serving/served in the military that allow us to be able to experience life as we know it.
WyMo

Picture of my son and his first turkey
http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/9020hunter\'s_turkey_04172010_008.jpg

Picture of my son and his proud dad
http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/4724hunter\'s_turkey_04172010_001.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Apr-17-10 AT 07:05PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Apr-17-10 AT 07:00?PM (MST)

Guess I didn't do the photo thing right, here they are again, I hope.

The Happy Hunter
8788turkey_2.jpg

Congrats to your son! I have an 8 year old girl that has been hunting with me since she was 5, she can't wait to carry a gun and hunt for her own turkey! Good job!

Awesome pic and a great bird. Those Merriams are some beautiful turkeys. Tell your son I'm envious and congratulations!

Awesome bird! My son is 25 years old and I still get more excited when he gets something then when I do. I wouldn't trade our time hunting together for anything.

Rick

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom