My 2023 utah General muzzleloader buck.

JakeH

Long Time Member
Here is my utah general season muzzleloader buck I got the other night.

I only had two days of muzzleloader season to hunt this year, and I guess I made the most of it.

After missing him the night before (yep even a scoped muzzleloader can miss) I got a second chance right at dark the next night and made it count.

Buck has 6 points on each side pluse eye guards. He grossed out at 184, and was 25" wide from cheater to cheater. He is my biggest muzzleloader buck.

Not sure why he was still in velvet as he didn't look to have anything wrong with him, just lazy I guess. lol

20231002_202019.jpg
20231002_235227.jpg
20231002_234942.jpg

Last edited:
That must have been a rough 24 hours, knowing you missed such a good buck. I'm glad he gave you another shot.

Here is my utah general season muzzleloader buck I got the other night.

I only had two days of muzzleloader season to hunt this year, and I guess I made the most of it.

After missing him the night before (yep even a scoped muzzleloader can miss) I got a second chance right at dark the next night and made it count.

Buck has 6 points on each side pluse eye guards. He grossed out at 184, and was 25" wide from cheater to cheater. He is my biggest muzzleloader buck.

Not sure why he was still in velvet as he didn't look to have anything wrong with him, just lazy I guess. lol

View attachment 121710View attachment 121711View attachment 121712

Wow nice man!

Great buck! Pretty cool he was still in velvet.

Curious, why not gut the deer before loading it?
He died in a recently cut hay field that they hadn't bailed yet, I didn't want them to have to deal with avoiding the gut pile so we drove him to the edge of the field to gut.

Tell you what, given the opportunity again I would much rather gut them on the tailgate then on the ground lol. It's a lot easier to do when they are at waist high. Lol

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom