My best antelope so far (Pict)

Great looking goat. Tell us the story. He really looks tall, how tall is he and what was the stalk like.......thanks and congratulations......... Allen Taylor......

Thanks Bura Nut,

I found this guys herd about 8am Saturday morning. I knew from watching them off and on for about a week, that they would want to go towards a safe basin to spend there day. I then got between them and that basin and picked an ambush spot. After about 20 minutes they slowly started to head my way. At this point the wind was pretty good, but I needed to move again to get them within range. After I moved twice without being seen, they approached at 125 yards, and I took my broadside shot at that range. There were 16 antelope in the group, three other bucks with this guy being the biggest. He had know idea a predator (me) was anywhere nearby when I fired. He went down within 30 feet with one shot to the heart.
I was with antelope every day and some days for 6-7 hours at a time without being able to get any closer than 300-400 yards. I hunted alone the entire trip so there were no team tatics to take advantage of.

He is over 14 inches, and as you can tell, tall off the head.

A more exciting week hunting, I dont think I have ever had. Thanks again.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom