My Buddy got Robbed

eelgrass

Long Time Member
Literally robbed. He called me last night to ask how the fishing has been. I told him I hammered the Redtails Sunday at high tide behind the Devil's Playground. So he went there today. He just got there and 3 guys pulled a knife on him and took his wallet, his back pack, and his cell phone. He's hunting them down now. I hope he doesn't find them.

He called his cell number and the fer's answered it! That really upset him. LOL!

He called the cops, but you know how that goes. Even the cops are afraid to wander around in that area.

I always carry concealed when fishing down there but I haven't had any real problems. I guess we better not go alone anymore.

Now that you know, if you go armed, and "if" you as much as show your piece, to those three, or any like them, it will be you that's found guilty of "insighting", even if they pull a knife on you. Cuz, you went looking for trouble. Won't matter if you've fished there every day, for 50 years.

I'm being absurd but it sure seems like that is where we're head, with this kind of stuff. The police and judges can't, or won't do anything, (as you inferred) but neither will they let you.

So who can? It's a growing understanding amongst the criminal minded, same as the Jamaican gangs that grew out of the criminal element in the 1960s and early 1970s, wwhere the criminals basically took control of the country. We sure seem to headed down the same path these days.

Be wise and be safe eel.

DC

Hopefully the Police/Law can give the JOKERS a call & get them PinPointed & Round them up!

Sad part is,it's probably a Minor Deal to Law Enforcement these days/Another Day at the Office!

Hope they catch these THUGS Eel!

Then Let's Hope they do something to them when they do!

[font color="blue"]They Shot Him in the Back AKA 'LaVoyed Him'!
[/font]

>Where is this place? East coast?
>

Sounds like Chicago, but right here in Eureka, CA. Devil's Playground is a homeless camp down on the bay.

I'll be careful NVB. I would have shot the guy with a knife and then LaVoyed the other two as they ran away. :)

That has me shaking my head.
Dumb little thugs deserve something really special..... 38 special, that is!
Zeke

You and your buddy should be watching that camp area sooner then later you guys will run across them. The homeless are critters of habit they will return thinking no one will know it was them. A couple of $50 will get some-one there to tell their names also, because by now they have/are bragging about it to other in that camp to show how tough they are.......

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Your buddy must have an older phone, most new phones have a GPS app to locate your phone. Sorry to hear about your buddy Eel, that sucks.

The Devil's playground sucks, not to bash the homeless but in this case it is just a coastal mecca of crime, drugs, and feces. Too bad, the area itself is gorgeous.

Bird's eye view...

What's that old saying? Don't be the one to bring a knife to a gunfight? ;-)

Joey

Keep your slimy Paws Off My, Yours, Our,.. Public Land!!!

Eel, I would also worry about leaving a parked vehicle there and coming back to find it broken into. Give those bums about a week where they will lay low, but will probably be back in that homeless camp once they feel the heat is off. Best time for your buddy to spot them by walking though the camp.
If he does that, he better be armed and willing to take the risk of making a citizen arrest and have a new phone to call for a cop.

RELH

>Eel, I would also worry about
>leaving a parked vehicle there
>and coming back to find
>it broken into. Give those
>bums about a week where
>they will lay low, but
>will probably be back in
>that homeless camp once they
>feel the heat is off.
>Best time for your buddy
>to spot them by walking
>though the camp.
> If he does
>that, he better be armed
>and willing to take the
>risk of making a citizen
>arrest and have a new
>phone to call for a
>cop.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> RELH

I think he means he should take a .45 ACP loaded hot with Cor Bons.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Yeah, that about sums it up. We park about 1/2 mile from where we fish....a lot more secure spot. Where we fish is south of there, not nearly as crowded with camps.

That narrow strip of land would be an ideal strafing run for a A10 Warthog. :)

J/K Some of the homeless are harmless, down on their luck or have mental issues and not dangerous at all. In fact a lot of them are victims themselves when living down there. It's a sad deal.

But, when you make the conscious decision to be the illegal marijuana capitol of the US, there is a price your community has to pay. The wharf rats show up in droves, just for starters.

eelgrass
As soon as I read your Post and saw your mentioning of the cops not wanting to enter Devils Playground, "Something smelled Fishy". 2lumpy, elkassassin and others were spot on. But they were not smelling the smell I smelled. Once Uncle Sage gave us the video, I knew I was right and did a search. I simply typed in: eureka calif city council homeless..... and got this: http://www.homelessresourcesca.org/Cities/EurekaCaliforniaHomelessResources.html

I have been to Eureka's Samoa Cookhouse endless times, Old Samoa 1/4 mile Race Track for Skid School and College of the Redwoods. Plus the Bar with Yard Long Beer Glasses. I enjoyed the well tailored parts of Eureka yet, I had knowledge on their City Council and, how the community attracted Artists, Poet's etc...after the Lumber Industry declined. This Liberal trend has obviously become a magnet to Homeless folks. The video Sage offered showed roads where hand-outs of heavy items are brought along with designed garbage pick-up's. All of this shows that the local Police may have marching orders to not bother the Homeless camp. Trust me, if the Police/Sheriff's were allowed to run free to clean up things, they would be like Parana eating up such a Camp.

So, if this area now or for the future is important to you and friends, my advice is to attend City Council meetings. Also, each member is elected so find the one who needs your Vote(s) and put pressure on Him/Her-Them. Magically, as if out of nowhere, Law Enforcement will be all over the areas. Sadly, it is the Politics of the Chief (in all Cities) and the City Council that will give the most.

Just as in being a registered voter and active, spending TIME in Politics (everywhere) does render the best. It should not be this way but it has been as far back in History as one wishes to look. One last thing, schedule ride-along's with the Police. In time with an Officer or Deputy, you will learn a vast amount.....and it's fun.

Jagerdad

(Thank's Sage for another valued post)

Jagerdad thanks. It's a glaring problem and has been for many years starting about the time of the "decline" of the timber industry. (If you want an industry to decline, over regulate it or ban it completely or make a park, monument, or wilderness out of it.)

The service road you see in the video is (or was) actually a hiking/bicycle trail intended for locals and visitors to use. In fact the people living down there have until May 2 to vacate so that trail can be completed. We'll see how that goes. There are lots of homeless advocates in this area as you pointed out and more than one law suit has been filed on their behalf.

About a year old article:

http://www.times-standard.com/article/NJ/20150415/NEWS/150419873

More recent article:

http://kymkemp.com/2016/04/06/savin...-pets-in-the-palco-marsh-homeless-encampment/

eelgrass et al

Reading the news on the first link had another at it's bottom. TO VIEW the Police Chief (Being photographed...nice in Politics) and a Captain involved all shows the gas pedal of the City Council (City Hall). Then to read about the City Manager and each news article naming such a vast number of groups reminds me of many other issues under different names, places. Even the SFW argument's. However, staying on the subject, gives your friend and many others a unique opportunity.

Once the news learns of your friends action, if he and others does the following, the news will term him (them) as: Activists.

"He Suffered" a Loss + Mental Anguish, he may seek a Small Claims suit on "ALL" involved parties. Seeking is not "Getting" because in certain matters a Government entity may be exempt. However, if he can detail how specific groups with their documented actions have or may have attracted/contributed to a condition/areas that relates to a "Cause" (not difficult) he may consider listing all such groups in his action(s).....just a thought and in no manner is legal advice.

He should consult with an Attorney in seeking proper wordings and advice. Attorneys are not allowed in small claims yet it is proper for him and/or those whom join him to do things properly. His filings will be instantly sucked up by the media and they plus everyone locally would follow the matter(s).

There is Cause and Effect with any groups actions. Only a Judge can decide if your friends wordings (Case) ties elements and losses correctly. It may be somewhat safe to say this area has been made unavailable to Eureka Citizens to safely walk or push a Baby Stroller through due to:___________ and :___________ . Etc.... and IS and Has Been, quite different than all other streets, parks, Public right of ways..... Primarily due to: (List of Groups) actions (and list time frames).

Most any Attorney will say such a court action is a waist of time and money....maybe more. My opinion is how much this area means to your friends freedom of safe access and, what he (maybe others) will do to regain such free safe movements...?

Revisiting the area with a gun is no remedy. The Case may be Lost before it's heard yet it is a legal process and; A Squeaky Wheel.

Politely I suppose I am saying: What's it all worth...? Just my 2 cents and a memory of an old saying; A Squeaky Wheel Gets Oil. He may also quickly find unknown friends (strangers) who would show up and testify on his behalf.

Maybe a MM Attorney will pipe-up and offer some advice. Likely such will just be words that the above (and me) are Nuts. That's ok also.

>The septic situation there can't be
>good.
>
>Joey
>
>Keep your slimy Paws Off My,
>Yours, Our,.. Public Land!!!

There's a BIG Septic there!

Eel Tries not to Think about it when He's Eating His Fish & Ducks Though!:D

[font color="blue"]They Shot Him in the Back AKA 'LaVoyed Him'!
[/font]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom