My CO giant

crazeymaez

Very Active Member
Here is the buck I took this morning in CO,I was told that the unit I got my voucher for was crap and not to waste my money.
By an ex-biologist.In my mind I was thinking have you ever hunted deer in NM.I would take no point unit in CO over a
premium tag in NM.Anyways with that being said heres my hunt.

The first couple days were spent trying to learn the unit.
Lots of country,just had to find the deer country.
As the lowest ground is 9000ft.Yesterday I passed on a small buck running solo a 3x4.

Yesterday evening I spotted an area that looked like deer country.I hiked into it,We did not see anything but found good sign and huge buck dropings and deer beds.

This morning my brother and I hiked into the same area.
Walking 10' then glassing.Almost simultaneously We say to each other theres a deer.My bro says Its a good buck.He ranges him at 280.By this time I'm shaking pretty good

I put my bi-pod down down and send one his way as he is unaware of our presence.At the shot he turns and looks at us.
I chamber another round and send it.He walks about 10yrds and beds.

Meanwhile my brother is trying to tell me where he's bedded
We are both looking at seperate rocks.And I cannot locate him.
All this time I'm thinking he's hit good and he's dying in his bed

About a minute goes by and his does come walking by
And he hops right up and follows them.(Limping)
By this point I spot him and realize.We were talking about
different rocks.I send 2 desperation shots only to see him walk away.

We walk up the mountain and find 2 specks of blood.I head off about 50yrds and think I see horns.Sure enough Its him (dead)
I dont know what shots hit him,he had 2 grazes and 2 fatals.
Strong animals,Thanks to my bro Gabe for tagging along with me
and the packout.

DSCN1041.jpg

My bro checking the points

DSCN1037.jpg

As he lay

DSCN1036.jpg

DSCN1057.jpg

DSCN1048.jpg

DSCN1049.jpg

Graly old beast

DSCN1044.jpg

Me and my little bro

DSCN1054.jpg

Miguel,
Awesome Monster Muley! Another great trophy to the collection. You better clear a spot for him on the wall. I have agree, it's hard to beat Colorado for deer...period. I will call you soon to get more details.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-07-11 AT 09:36PM (MST)[p]Miguel...

WHAT A TOAD!!! My dad told me that you killed a nice buck. I had no idea that it was a monster non-typ toad. Is he your biggest to date? He looks like one of those Kings outdoor magazine deer. Can't wait until I draw CO again next year.

That is bad a$$!!! Great job bro!! Ur nephew is going to have a great hunt also on the 4th season have a few bigger then urs spotted out. But that a cool buck man great job!!

Whoa, Miguel, that thing is a toad!! Glad to see you get one like that--you deserve it. I love the gnarliness--I may have to start hunting CO again...

>Good thing that guy is an
>ex-biologist! He doesn't know
>squat! Great buck.
>Glad you were able to
>knock him down.

Actually the ex-biologist followed the oldest trick in the book. "always tell them there's no deer". I do it all the time... LOL! Good thing Miguel didn't
listen to a word the ex-bio said. Never trust a Biologist ;)

LAST EDITED ON Nov-08-11 AT 09:36PM (MST)[p]Thanks guys,he is a great buck.Kiko he is my best to date
His mass is awesome.Had to go look at him all day long

DSCN1038.jpg

Wow very nice buck Crazy looks like he was ready for the rut.
What Unit was that ? If you don't mind me asking.
With a voucher was it private land ?
Thanks
CC

CC this buck was on public ground.I put in a few miles on the private and only crossed 1 track,a couple days old.The last 2 days were spent off the property as it had lots of snow.
And seems like the deer had moved elsewhere.

AWESOME! Glad you were able to score on a monster!
I got your message while up in MN chasing whitetails, just got back last night. I will give you a call in the next day or two.

congrats again! Don't get any better than that ;-)

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Nice one Miguel! When we go shed hunting Matthew said he's still going to beat you to the sheds! He also said your buck was awesome! Couldn't believe how big it is. ....congrats brother!

Definitely a great buck, for a great guy. You deserve it. You have helped so many people harvest their animals, so what goes around really does come around. Congrats, Tony

nice deer migs for sure, how wide is he.... you know thats all that matters haha

LAST EDITED ON Nov-13-11 AT 08:56AM (MST)[p]crazymaez Super buck congrats!

Joe

Sent you a PM.

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you think their right"

-Joe E Sikora

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom