My Desert Ram from Nevada

ram1.jpg

ram2.jpg

Jerry,

Congrats to you on the desert ram. Which unit in Nevada and how about a story to follow on your hunt? What did it score?

Brian

Thanks for posting the pics, Zack.
I shot him on Mon morning in unit 205. He scores 153 2/8 gross and is 8-9 years old. I actually shot at and stalked a bigger ram all Sat. but came up on the short end. The next day I did not even see a single sheep, even though I hunted from dawn till dusk. On the way to the hunting spot Monday morning I missed my turnoff, So I jackknifed my trailer as I was backing up like a dumby. Add $1000 onto the hunt. I was pretty down on myself after missing a big ram, not seeing anything the day before, and now wrecking my truck. My Dad helped calm me down. I hiked in and glassed from the top. I saw him and some other rams from 1/2 mile away. By the time I got my scope out they were at 500 yds. I watched them go behind a ridge and made my move. Unfortunately I missed a stragler and he busted me. I took off at a run and was rewarded with a staedown with this guy. I could not tell his size from the front view so I waited. As he turned to leave I saw he was fairly heavy and shot. I missed high. The 3 rams bunched and I had to wait for him to separate. As soon as he did I held lower and shot true. He went about 30 yds.
No elk live in this area, I did not see any deer.

Jerry,
Nice pictures. Sorry to hear about the truck/trailer incident. Glad you got to enjoy the hunt with your dad. So, are you bitten by the sheep bug now? :)

For now I've forgotton about the truck, at least until I go to the body shop. I'll be applying for some Rocky Mtn permits next year! Thanks again for your help, MVBighorn.

Jerry,

Nice ram! I spent 6 hard days of hunting without finding a shooter. My partners found a 160+ ram on Monday, but we couldn't find him again on Tuesday. Pete Cimellaro is guiding the non-resident hunter, and was good enough to share what they were seeing (can't thank him enough for his help). I'm headed back down next Tuesday for another run. I basically have the rest of the season off work, so time won't be a factor. Hopefully I'll have pictures soon.

Once again, congrats on the fine ram.

Sorry, Jerry. I had to switch web hosting servers. Here are the pics again (I hope).

jerry_desert.jpg

jerry_desert1.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom