My Favorite old tree.

Tomichi

Checked on a old friend....The Hour Glass tree is still standing...I have known him for over 40 years now.
39764hourglasstrre.jpg

Cool. There's a Doug Fir in the West Elk Wilderness that I have had many conversations with over the last thirty years. It's a lunch and view spot.

I have a few old friends like that, still hanging on, tucked here and there out in the woods. It sucks to get old but not so bad when you do it together.

Nice idea, well said!

Joey

Keep your slimy Paws Off My, Yours, Our,.. Public Land!!!

That's an interesting pic. I've been hunting the same unit since 68. Same camping spot since 78. I take pictures every year.

One day the boss tells me I should organize my pics by year. On that, I found out that I had very nearly the same pics from year to year, with the same trees...just bigger, or gone, since 78. It will be interesting to compare 78 to 2018 if for no other reason than to check tree growth. I do see trees creeping out into the park more, dunno about height.

What a great spot. Do you suppose the tree is a cedar? It's hard to think of any tree that might live among aspen and remain standing so long, unless possibly a scorched cedar.

That Ain't No Cedar!

Yellow Pine!

[font color="blue"]HUNTIN,FISHIN,AND LOVIN EVERY DAY,I WANNA SEE
THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

Don't know that it's my favorite?

But it's the Tree the PERTY BIRDIE Was Stuck in!

That F'R don't know How Close the ole 066 MAGNUM Stihl came to taking it down!:D

43499yellowpine.jpg

THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

Just so you know Bean!

Ponderosa Pine AKA Yellow Pine!

THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

DW I think the breeze goes right on through.
Elk and Bean lightning struck ponderosa.
Fed post the "historical"
Pics I'm into that.
Frank above the 2016 deer below the good Bulls can you say rag horns....

I miss spoke..at least 45 years with no change. I was riding old Sugar the first time I found him..Got Rooster the buckskin when I was 7. I use horses and dogs for my historical time line...
I'm just glad he's standing! I expect the worst every time I go there...kind of like the LACK of 500 codes.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom