My first antelope

UGAhunter

I took the family out on the opener and they shared the experience of taking this goat with me. I think he is a nice one. Stalked to 265 yards (I know, not much of a stalk) with my oldest son while the rest of the family watched from the truck.

9665ivan_antelope_2.jpg

3270ivan_antelope_5.jpg

Very nice buck, and nice you had the family with you. Hope to help my son get something as nice later this week. Congrats.

That is a very decent buck! Looks like you all had a great time. Most states require hunter orange. If that's the case where you are, I'm sure you just took it off for the pictures.

Wyo either a hat, vest or if you want both to be legal, your decision.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Great looking goat. Great pictures. What state? What unit were you hunting? What did you shoot it with? How far of a shot? Give us a few more details if you would and again great looking goat.

DeadI/Jared
46e8aeb1660028c5.gif

LAST EDITED ON Sep-19-11 AT 07:57AM (MST)[p]More details.

Wyoming Unit 89, opening day. I was wearing my orange hat as per Wyoming State Law up to and after we began to take some photos. Of the 50 or so pictures we took, I liked these best, and they just happened to be ones with no orange hat.

I was using my Browning A-bolt medallion .270, shooting 130 grain Federal over-the-WalMart-counter ammunition. After a short stalk, I guessed the distance at 250 yards. One shot in the left shoulder put him down hard. Paced it off at 265 yards.

I skinned him out for a full body mount, but am not sure I will do that for sure - I'm still trying to decide.

That is really cool and a great goat - Congrats on doing it with the family!

The ethics police do get really old on this site. Just enjoy the dude's pictures and congratulate him. Of the animals I have shot while wearing orange as required by law, I have never once taken pictures with the orange on, but I was wearing it 100% of the time while I was hunting Why? Because I don't think it looks good in a picture. I always put the orange back on for the pack out. Just cause a guy doesn't have orange on in his picture does not mean he wasn't wearing it while hunting.

UGA,

That sure looks nice the full mount etc. Never paid much attention to the area you hunted earlier in your post, like that area alot. Hunted many times for deer and elk and always seen Antelope but not that many NR tags were issued so never tried to apply there. Different story now, as do have points accumulated and might have to think about that.
Use to see a B&C lope each year on the way out in that country to hunt deer, don't know if he was ever taken though.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

I don't think that you need more rocks or brush. I like it the way it is. You don't want it too busy. Looks great! Who was the taxidermist?

I don't think there is any other quality
so essential to success of any kind as the
quality of perseverance. It overcomes
almost everything, even nature.
-John D. Rockefeller

Beautiful goat and an awesome mount---congratulations, especially for making it a family adventure!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom