My First Muley

W

Wilks

I connected on this bad boy the last day of the hunt with a couple of hours left of daylight. I had all but given up hope and was hiking down the mountain when I went around a bend and saw this guy off a couple hundred yards. Luckily I connected, and the rest was history. It was a tough year for me to go hunt because I have had to learn how to do everything in hunting by myself, as this was my first year hunting Thanks to YouTube, and monstermuleys, this guy made is safe off the mountain. Also, thanks to a hunter who helped me pack it off the mountain. I think the best part of this experience was rubbing it in to my experiened hunter friend who had a tag and never made it out. He chose to go to Disneyland opening weekend with the family, and work was too much with the rest of the week. Thank you everyone. I know he's not the biggest out there, but for a first Muley, he's a gem in my eyes.

8484dscn0659.jpg

2435dscn0660.jpg

Nothing wrong with that buck! Congrats on your first muley. You'll be and addict from here out.

Also, since I have relied on you all as well, I need a good recommendation for a taxidermist. What should I expect to spend? I want a good shoulder mount. I don't have to exactly have the best out there, because I am not in the situation to be spending tons of money, but being my first, I want to remember this one forever. Thanks. I live in the Salt Lake area, but for the right price and deal I will figure it out.
Thanks

Congrats on your first buck. Its alot bigger than the 14 inch wide 1x2 that I shot when I was 14. I have been hunting with my own tag for 9 years and going all my life and the biggest deer I have shot is a 15 inch 2x3. I know alot of older guys that have hunted 20 plus years and never shot a deer that big. You will def be hooked for sure. I am def jealous of that buck and I hope to get something that big this year on the wasatch front.

Congrats on a nice first buck. I'd bet you're gonna spend a minimum of $400 for a shoulder mount. Nice of the other hunter to help you get that deer out as well.

Steve
T&A Inspector

Congrats on the awesome buck!! Should be a great mount and remember you get what you pay for in the world of taxidermy usually. Id say around 500 for a good shoulder mount at least.

That is a great first buck! Congratulations! Only a little nicer than my first buck, a spike.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom