my new set up arrived today.

O

oz31p

my vortex nomad arrived today. i bought the tripod a week ago while waiting for the scope to come in. after i picked up the scope i went on a search around town for a fluid pan head. i love the one i found is a manforotto-bogen 128rc micro fluid head. it so smooth. i also picked up a tripod adapter for my 10x42 vipers. i have a vortex camera adapter that i bought at the same time as the tripod. but i have not set it up on the scope yet. i was looking around the neighborhood, i was very impressed with the head and the scope. but i upgraded from a bushnell sentery 18-36 on a crappy walmart travel lite tripod.

4337smallscope.jpg

Sure You Can Trust Your Government... Just Ask An Indian

im going out monday to test it out.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-29-10 AT 07:23AM (MST)[p]20x60
the head make all the difference

Hey oz31p,

What tripod did you end up with? I take it the vortex nomad is the scope? Are you looking at adaptors to switch from scope to binos? If so, pls pm me as I am shopping for same.

Thanks.

forepaw

Oz31p, I have a different camera adapter that you might be interested in. If you are happy with the one you have then that is fine. But if you find that it is a little cumbersome then let me know. fatrooster.

the tripod is a vortex high country. for its weight im happy with it.

Mr roster,
ive been taking pic but mainly of antelopes and with the heat this time of year they have not been very clear. i have not been out looking for deer yet this year as ill know if/where i may have an az tag this year soon, so ive been waiting until i find out. in the mean time i have been hitting the range pretty hard. i have a leupold mark 4 arriving this week so even more range time will be in order.

this adapter is a little cumbersome but im happy with its performance,using it is more of an art than a science,if that should change ill definitely let you know

as for adapters the 128rc take standard q/r plates so i have one on my vipers, one on the nomad and one on the gun claw, they switch out pretty easy ive been glassing 2 hour a week while im on my way to work. so far i have been quite pleased with the whole set up.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom