My NV desert bighorn

hezzy

When I drew my sheep tag i never figured i would kill a sheep like this! of course I dreamed day and night of killing a huge ram but never did i believe it would come together so easy. I live within the area that I was lucky enough to draw so scouting was an everyday treat. I've got hundreds of pics of many big mature rams but i didnt luck upon my ram til the day before the opener! Once i found him that day i set back in the wash well under cover and watched him all day and once he got up to feed i followed and watched him until he bedded that night. That night i got together with my hunting partners, my dad, my uncle Rod and my cousin Tyson and we formed a plan to kill this ram the following morning. We decided that Tyson and I would get up real early and be at the last spot i was the night before at shooting light while dad and uncle Rod would watch from a ridge a mile or more away. Dad and uncle rod where to also watch another ram that they had put to bed the night before, kind of a "back up ram" just in case. Well shortly after daylight Tyson and I where at my vantage point searching for my ram. We searched for maybe ten minutes when we spotted a ewe a short distance off and right behind her was my big ram! What a sight that was! I had lost soooo much sleep the night before worrying he would've moved off never to be seen. Well my ram had a little buddy and a three ewes with him and one of those ewes was in heat cause he was chasing her from one end of a little basin to the other! Tyson and I formed a plan to sneek around them and get just above them for a better shot. I handed Tyson my range finder and told him to tell me what he is at so there would be no question and we where off! we cut down through a huge slot canyon and up the other side onto the rolling ridges and just when we where getting half way close i looked to my hard left and there was a dang ewe standing there staring at us!! I just knew we where busted! She stared at us for about ten seconds then out of no where my big ram jumps up right behind her and pushes her forward! she hesitated for a moment and then took off just to our left and closer to us! Tyson ranged him as he ran to the top of a ridge chasing his ewe and he whispered 35 yards... and the rest is history!! 35 yards where the heck was my bow?! My ram gross scores 167", 35" long on the left side and 36" long on the right with 13" and 13.5" bases.
2960pb200031.jpg

3142pb200033.jpg

1740pb200005.jpg

6815pb200025.jpg

These next few photos are of my ram I took of him the night before. I watched this ram all day. I watched him bed and re-bed right at dark.
6123pb190092.jpg

5523pb190088.jpg

7048pb190081.jpg

6672pb190096.jpg

beautiful ram, I found the ram I killed about 3 weeks before the season, talk about sleepless nights, beautiful desert bighorn though, congrats!

Congrats to you on a great looking Ram and also for posting the pictures here.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

I was fortunate enough to see this ram in person and he is a fricken stud. Congrats again Kyle!

Great Ram!!! And just awesome Photos. You got it all and very few are able to do that. Congrats on a great JOB!

Have a good one. BB

Wow hezzy,
That is one gorgeous animal! You could hunt your whole life and never see a better looking ram. The photos of the country and pictures of the ram alive are priceless. It will be pretty much impossible to top that one.

One big Congratulations!

That is an awesome looking ram. Congrats

I want one soooo bad. No kidding where was your bow.
Beautifull ram, you dont see to many that are that long.
8 1/2 years old?

Shoot em till their dead

I just got home from getting my ram checked in by the nevada biologist and they came up with six years old. he actually is a seven year old ram just hasn't started growing horn after his seventh ring. and his official Boone and Crockett scor before the green period is 166 0/8" Gross and 165 0/8" net!

Fantastic ram and great photos!
Thanks for sharing the story and pics with us.
Congratulations on taking one of the coolest animals on the planet!

I love sheep hunting!

Zeke

That was a great story, and man look at that ram! What a stud!!!! Congrats on a trophy of a lifetime.

I obviously do not know how to score rams because he looks bigger than that. Beautiful specimen, just does not get better than that.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom