My NV ewe

hezzy

My wifes awesome pictures will tell the majority of the story. I'll describe whats happening in each scene for ya. enjoy!

7310dsc_0036.jpg

As you can see there are plenty of ewes in this group to choose from. Also one 140-150 ram in the group.

1551dsc_0020.jpg

My goal for this tag from the beginning was to make it a family involved adventure and to shoot my ewe with my bow. We pretty much grabbed the girls from the school bus and headed out the door. Thats why i'm wearing my awesome "camo" gear.

5346dsc_0022_copy.jpg

6582dsc_0032.jpg

The ewe is down below me in this shot at 40 yards. My wife did an amazing job at following the entire hunt!

9852dsc_0033.jpg

I could tell just after the shot that I did not follow through and I did not feel like it was a great shot. With my Bino's I could confirm that I hit her 6" forward right at the base of the neck. I felt and feel horrible about it. At the time I could tell it would be a fatal shot at the amount of blood coming out of her. But with it being a any weapon tag I chose to end her misery as soon as possible.

516dsc_0035_copy.jpg

5563dsc_0046.jpg

This doesnt look like much of a hill... but trust me its much steeper than it looks! She luckily piled up in the green brush to the right of the picture 2/3rds of the way up. Otherwise she would have rolled about 150 foot to the bottom.

7525dsc_0049.jpg

The goal was to have this hunt to be family involved. So to me that meant trophy Photos with the kids. So that means dad has to get the ewe down to an accessible spot for two 5 year olds and an 8 year old. Very scary times. I just kept telling myself if she goes, let her go! Dont go down with her.

2606dsc_0057_copy.jpg

1986dsc_0061_copy.jpg

And cute girls doing what they do best!

5555dsc_0073_copy.jpg

A great end to a great day!

Like that the family was involved too bad on not doing the job with only the bow but hey you used your head and it will be a hunt of all hunts as time goes on.

?If men were angels, no government would be
necessary.? John Adams

Pretty darn cool from start to finish!
Nice to see the girl-folk involved too.
Congratulations.
Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom