My Rocky Mtn Bighorn Sheep!

WIDOW_MAKER

2694img_1830.jpg

5797bighorn_sheep_1.jpg

567bighorn_sheep_2.jpg

I was very fortunate to draw a Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep tag for the Nine Mile Range Creek Unit in Southeastern Utah. I only drew with 9 points. I thought that I would never get lucky like this to draw an awesome once-in-a-lifetime permit. I was also very fortunate to have Coby Hunt of Utah Big Game Outfitters contact me. Knowing that I didn't have a lot of money to pay for a guide, Coby was willing to help me out anyways because of his love of hunting sheep. Coby knows the unit very well and helped me out a ton by showing me awesome areas and where I could find some big rams.

I hunted opening weekend and saw several sheep. I passed on some decent rams. It was fun to see rutting behavior of the sheep. Bighorn sheep are a difficult animal to hunt and they live in some crazy terrain. The next weekend, Coby took my brother and me out to a good area that held some sheep and big rams. Coby got me onto a giant ram, but the sheep spooked before I could get close enough for a shot. The next morning, as we were hunting along the river, we found a nice ram heading back toward his ewes that he had left to check out some other rutting behavior nearby. The ram looked pretty darn good for me. I got real excited and knew that that was the ram I wanted. I was able to get within 240 yards from the ram as he was starting to climb the mountain. Coby and my brother helped me stay calm and made sure I got off a good shot. I made a good shot, right in the front shoulder. I t was an amazing experience to harvest a bighorn sheep. I will start putting in for desert bighorn sheep in Utah now, and hopefully during my lifetime, I can complete the grand slam.

WIDOW_MAKER

I'm colorblind but i love the dark shades that make up those Rams. Just Beautiful.

Congrats!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Is that a Bullet Hole at the Base of his left Horn?

[font color="redhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsueOnu0kY

That is a outstanding looking ram.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Congrats Derek. I bet that was an experience of a lifetime!

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Bowtech Destroyer
Winchester Apex .50 Cal

Definitely awesome!

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
Will you LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook! I need a friend....

Awesome job and dang nice of Coby to help you out like that!

Congrats to both of you.

"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom