My Utah CWMU Moose

redfrog

LAST EDITED ON Oct-29-08 AT 11:45AM (MST)[p]
Hunting2008005.jpg

I killed this bull after hunting 8 days from first light to dark. They had already killed 3 bulls on the unit. This was the 2nd biggest bull we saw and was the biggest bull we saw on the property. Not the biggest bull out there but was fun and challeging just the same. I was by myself and it took alot of work to get it gutted and cut up but was well worth it. He was 39 1/2 inches wide. Still had most of the velvet on one side.

Congrats! I was just wondering if you bought the tag or drew it? If you drew it and they gave you 8 plus days to hunt you must have found a really great CWMU

I heard that you also killed two deer in the same week. Whats that all about? You must have one heck of a hunting partner.

Congrats on rewarding yourself for sticking it out man. That's a great bull. Hearing that you packed him out solo makes my feet hurt. Hopefully you had some horses!

LAST EDITED ON Oct-29-08 AT 04:38PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Oct-29-08 AT 04:36?PM (MST)

Yes I drew the tag. I did not buy it. They gave us from Oct. 15 to the 31st to hunt since it was once in a lifetime.

Broadfork you are one heck of a hunting partner. Thanks again.

Nope I did not have horses. Being only 300 yards from the vehicle helped alot.

Broadfork these two deer?

first deer was full of gang green ( smelled really bad) Fish and game deemed unfit to eat and reissued another tag and took the deer. Went out the next day and broadfork spotted this guy arcoss the canyon. made a great 385 yard shot. It was one heck of a great week.
Hunting2008007.jpg

Hunting2008011.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom