my wife has a elk super tag help

B

blmoosman

LAST EDITED ON Sep-14-08 AT 08:04PM (MST)[p]we went to unit 40 this weekend and were disapointed i guess we don't know how to find elk in the desert any pointers would sure help.

I'd be keying in on water right now, and this full moon won't be helpin your cause.. I drove around area 45 Friday night till 3 am and didnt hear the first bugle, which was wierd because I watched 2 bulls bugle around cows last week...Never can tell!! Where in 40 were you, up on South or War Eagle Mtn?

we heard from some people to go to toy mtn and around triangle so that is were we went but it all looked like jack rabbit country. the people we talked to said the elk woud move into that country when the rut got going strong but it isn't what i'm used to finding elk in. i'm from cascade so it going to be a change im sure. have ya been finding any good ones in 45 i heard the mature bull population has really dropped recently out there

Hey there idahogrinder, where you on state or private last weekend? I need a little help with my niece and her uncle. they both drew 45 this year! It will be her first harvest. having no luck on state... Any help would be appreciated..

hey lvtohunt10 why don't you post some pics of that calf ya stuck opening weekend

Calf!! That was a HUGE bull!! I think you scored him at 58 3/4 B&C! You should have bugled in the big bull for me. Thats ok,, he is very tasty!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom