My WY 102 buck

Chesterwyo

Very Active Member
Here is my 2009 Wyoming buck taken from area 102. This is the 2nd year in a row I have drawn this tag. I hunted hard, walked a lot of miles (which is hard to do in country that has so many roads) and glassed till my eyes bled. While scouting I saw quite a few nice bucks and a couple that were pretty unique. As soon as the season started they did what most smart bucks do and dissapeared. It came down to the last day. And my friend Wyodeerhunter offered to help me find a buck. We headed out early and were looking through the glass as the the sun came up on halloween morning. We didn't turn anything up. We were driveing to another glassing point and spotted this buck and a bunch of does on a sage flat. We got down there and I missed a couple shots and he ran into the small ravine you can see in the background. We spotted him again at a little over 200 yards and all I could see was his head and neck sticking up above the sage brush so I put the cross hairs on his head and squeezed one off. As you can see from the entry wound he was dead before he hit the ground. We drug him back to the truck and were back to town by noon. Just in time to take the kids trick or treating.

photo is
4b0359fe3a399ff0.jpg

4b035a3d3c83aa71.jpg

Well I draw a great antelope tag and a buffalo tag too this year. So I'm betting my luck is pretty well tapped out.

Way to go Chance......nice buck! From the photo, it looks like some unseasonable weather conditions there, eh? (t-shirt weather)

BOHNTR )))---------->

Thanks for the compliments. Wyodeerhunter is pretty talented with a camera. It was very warm that day. Up until that day it had been cold and snowy. Probably the first halloween I can remember where it wasn't snowing.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom