N/R Antelope Question

ibow4it2

I have 5 pts for antelope and 4 for deer and would like to hunt both this year. I have been putting in for the Red Desert area for Antelope but am wanting to burn the points and take my boys hunting this year. I have looked at the odds in Eastmans Hunting Journal and am considering unit 93 for Antelope and 90 for 1st choice deer and Region W as my second choice. Anyone hunt antelope in 93? How is the pressure with 1000 tags issued. Any input would be appreciated.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-17-12 AT 07:00PM (MST)[p]I have no idea how you came up with 1000 tags issued for 93 when Eastmans shows there were 600. The F&G odds chart shows a total of 90 NR tags were issued in the two PP draws and with your 5PPs you should draw that tag in the Regular PP draw with almost 100% certainty. The opposite is true with the deer unit 90 tag. With the max of 5PPs in last years draw a person only had a 15.38% chance of drawing the tag in the Regular PP drawing. However, it was 100% in the Special PP draw with just a couple PPs. The W tag was drawn at 100% all the way down to those with less that 1 PP. Therefore, if you want to hunt this year in the two units you mentioned as a first choice, you would have to put in for the higher priced deer tag or go for the regular draw and hope get the Region W tag as your second choice.

Lots of public.
Don't go on the opener.
Fun hunt with family.
Went years ago,
camped on the green rivr. No one else in the camp ground.
We went mid Oct...
Biggest goat went 15".
Took a handicapped hunter with us.
93 goats, then cow elk in 100.
Fun hunts.

Topgun,
I stand corrected, I was thinking of Region W deer and not 93 Antelope when I was typing. I have been looking at the odds for so long, my brain is nothing but jumbled numbers. Thanks for the info so far.

I know how it can be when you start trying to put stuff together, especially if you are trying to put information together from the F&G site, as well as going to Eastmans and Huntin Fool stats!

90 is not 100% in the special PP draw with a few points, it was 53% with max points. Your odds of hitting that tag is less than 3%.

Yep, I stand corrected on the 100% statement. I don't know how I came up with that as it was 53.33% with 5PPs as you stated. Thanks for the correction!

93 is a good unit lots of antelope and public land. Allot of rolling hills and dead space that can't been seen from the many two track road that criss cross in the unit and that doesn't get hit. Some nice antelope in some Of those areas. Either way with antelope it's just a numbers game , sort through them and find one you like. Good luck

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom