National IBS 1000 yard

AWHOLELOTTABULL

Long Time Member
Just got back from Nationals last week in Clarksburg,WV. I had a blast. Did well and shot my best stuff on day 2. For those of you living in or around Utah, we are trying to get some santioned 1000 yard and 600 yard tournatments that the locals can shoot to qualify for nationals. Maybe we won't have to have a days travel to shoot anymore. Enjoy the pictures.

92262011_bailey_and_buster_nationals_074.jpg

A good look at the range. Those itty bitty white squares all the way down the range are the targets.
92172011_bailey_and_buster_nationals_094.jpg

My best target of the shoot. Light gun is a 5 shot group and Heavy Gun is a 10 shot group. All done at 1000 yards.
9664dscn1376.jpg

I wanted to show you some pictures of some of the guns we were shooting. Custom paint jobs that makes it that much funner to shoot. "We The People" is a 6.5/284
8991dscn1386.jpg

3366dscn1387.jpg

This is what is called "The Bat Gun". It has a custom B.A.T. action and is chambered in a 6 Dasher. I shot my best group with this gun.
868dscn1389.jpg

7656dscn1390.jpg

It's always an adventure!!!

I'm assuming you mean brass? If so, I'm using Lapua brass for the 6 Dasher and Winchcester for the .300 WSM.

It's a lot of fun to dress these guns up. They definately turn some heads.

I think Beavis was wondering what the parent case is...

I believe its an improved 6mm BR....

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-13-11 AT 00:04AM (MST)[p]Nice. The world just aint built for lefty's is it! (I aint one, just sayin).

105/7's or 115's in the Dasher?

Being a left is somewhat of a handicap but I've adjusted. I use a dual port action which makes it easy to load easy, but you're right, it's more expensive and harder to come by parts for a southpaw.

I shoot the 115's in the Dasher.

Jim B. has got me thinking about a 7 SAUM. He seems to think it will be a great all around hunting rifle and would be a great gun for SRRG. Hmmmmm. Something to think about. But YES! Always ready to start a new project. I'm not sure my bank account is ready, but I'm ready.:)

AWB, I would love to get into those sanctioned shoots you are talking about. I have never shot competitively, except when qualifying with the M-16, but would really like to get to help out on the range so I could start practicing more.
Shoot me some info on the shoots you are talking about. I'm in West Jordan
Thanks

AWB,
I miss that time of year back home. Clarksburg is a little NE of where I grew up at. Looked to me that the trees were still green, so was there any color change going on? I miss the cool autumn nights, frosty mornings, waking up before daylight to get to where I was going to be bowhunting for the day. I truely envey you, I haven't seen WV close to 3-4 years (last time home I was there for a funeral of my uncle). Glad you had a good time.
WVBOWAK

Love the .284 art decor. Good luck setting up those tournaments back home. They would literally be a blast.

Eldorado

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom