National Signing Day

Roy

Anyone else here get as geeked out about this day as I do? I am live streaming the local morning sports talk radio, following on Twitter, flipping back and forth to ESPN and several different school websites. I used to subscribe to Rivals.com but I can't afford it any more, but man - this day is exciting! Like Christmas to me.

Looks like Texas just jumped in to the top 15, maybe top 10 before the day is end with some major commitments coming in at the last minute!

I like Charlie Strong a lot - not sure if all the big money donors are totally on board with him though. He has to win 9-10 games this year or he's probably gone. 8 might be enough if it is the right 8 victories and there are no serious mental lapses like this team has demonstrated in the last couple of seasons.

BYU and Utah are looking solid too. Utah seems to be winning some of the coin flip in-state decisions, but BYU's new coaching staff is attracting some buzz.

So - what say you Bama fans? LSU fans? Aggy fans? Tech fans? BYU fans? Michigan fans? Good day for your team?

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Within the offices and locker rooms surrounding McKale Center after watching Arizona students and fans go bonkers watching the home team stomp a rival team in Basketball, Head Coach Jim Young and Defensive Coordinator Coach Larry Smith, later of USC fame, were present and asked me how i liked the game? I remember saying that if that's how the fans act at a Basketball game, they must really go nuts at a Football game. They do, they did.

Jim Young reached into his desk, pulled out and flopped down in front of me a sizable thick stack of papers saying similar, "Son, we got a pretty good idea that you are going to be one of our starting inside Linebackers next season. That there is what's known as a "Full Ride". Room, board, books, tuition, fees, laundry money,.. in short we will take care of you and see you true these coming years if you choose to play Football here at the University of Arizona."

I didn't sign right then and there but later i did sign. Pretty darn special, a highlight day of most any athletes young career.

Go Wildcats!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

My bad. I thought this had something to do with sign language.

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

NVBighorn, it is about sign language. Can't you see that finger uncle Joey has extended and aimed at you?

RELH

Roy, what's your opinion on my Red Raiders look like in 16'?? Are we going to beat you guys in Lubbock this fall?? Suns up, guns up!!!

RELH, No Sir, not true, not a bit...but kinda funny. :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Great story Joey! Must be a great memory.

Looks like Charlie Strong closed STRONG!! Jumped from the #32 ranked class to #6 - in ONE day! Pretty incredible. Lots of good players.

NVB - yeah, if this website supported more than the 11 emojis it has had since 1999 we could actually do some hand signing! :) X( :-( ;-) :eek: :D }> :'( :p :9 :* :7

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

LAST EDITED ON Feb-03-16 AT 02:38PM (MST)[p]>Roy, what's your opinion on my
>Red Raiders look like in
>16'?? Are we going
>to beat you guys in
>Lubbock this fall?? Suns up,
>guns up!!!

No.

The shouldn't have won in Austin!! If it weren't for one freak play touchdown (should have been a play of the year candidate)and then that sneaky kneel down (still couldn't believe they freaking fell for that and couldn't tackle!!) it wouldn't have happened.

Kliffy better have recruited him some defensive players. His offense is awesome but that D is HORRIBLE.

HOOK 'EM!

My SC Trojans did better than I expected, considering all of the chaos they have endured the last few years. They still managed to pull a few out of the hat today. We filled most needs, but fell short on DT's. Looking forward to the opener against Alabama, but then again, maybe not! It will be a good test to see where we are with the new coaching staff.
Our cross town rival did very well today.

I remember, Joey. Yep, good memories from a just "few" years back. I started out in Arizona Stadium as a boy scout usher in the very early '60s when Jim LaRue was head coach (he later was secondary coach when Bears won Super Bowl). While in college I rooted hard for linebacker friend of mine, Mark Arneson #31 (we went to adjacent high schools). My ex was an Arizona cheerleader. I hated ASU then too ;-)

Days like today remind that I like getting OKG ...

Bear down!

Lv2hnt

"Every man dies --- not every man really lives."

It's hard for us Colorado Boys to get amped up for College Football. Our teams suck too bad. That's why we are such rabid Broncos fan's I suppose.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom