nc/tn/wv bear hunt

B

backcountry82

question for all the diy hunters...i am looking at a diy bear hunt in nc, tn or wv next year..has anyone hunted in any of these states and how did it go..what tips can you give me..which state has the best bear population and what part of the state is bestto hunt in..ive looked at going with a guide either out west or in maine...havent made up my mind yet..

I grew up running bear in west virgina. You can hunt with dogs but baiting is illegal.Spot and stalk is almost impossible. I beleive that guideing for bear is also not allowed but that may have changed. Im not sure what the most productive counties are but you will have to hunt the national forests unless you get some land owner permission. You can find more info at www.wvdnr.gov Good Luck! Mountaineer

of those three states I believe NC has the largest bear population. Our bears are split between the mountains and the coastal plain. We have some nice large bodied bears as well. Baiting is not legal. If you are interested in NC I can steer you to some public lands or private grounds for still hunting, or maybe link you up with some houndsman.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom