Need a tripod guys

thepenquin

LAST EDITED ON Aug-09-07 AT 09:03AM (MST)[p]I've been going through searches on tripods here at MM and reading multiple posts about them. Here is my situation.

Just got a Nikon 20-60-80 spotter from Doug at Camerland. "Thanks Doug". I want a good tripod for it. I'm wanting to spend $100-150. Is this a possible? I won't be packing it much, but would like something around 4-5 pounds. Something heavy and strong enough for this scope that won't give it the wiggle factor.

It would be nice if it would go high enough to spot while standing if there is one that will in this price range.

Thanks for any pointers. Anything will be better than the cheesy ones I've used form Wally World.

Fire away.

The Bogen 190XDB is a good choice in your price range and weight. How tall are you? I'm 5'8" and the 190XDB is just tall enought for me to glass standing up. Much taller and you'd be bent over a bit. You can always pull the legs in a bit to make it go up higher but you start to get unstable. B & H photo has these for 96 bucks and change. Very Sturdy tripod.

Maximum Height 57.1" (145.0 cm)

Maximum Height w/o Column Extended 46.6" (118.4 cm)

Minimum Height 13.8" (35 cm)

Folded Length 21.1" (53.5 cm)

Load Capacity 11 lbs (5 kg)

Leg Sections 3

Leg Lock Type Wing nuts

Independent Leg Spread Yes

Center Column Sections 1

Center Column Type Rapid sliding

Center Brace No

Spiked Feet Optional (190SPK2N)

Head Type None

Head Mount Thread Size 3/8"

Weight 3.5 lbs (1.6 kg)

That looks like a good one also. I would want a pan tilt head on it. What head would you reccomend for this tripod?

VELBON IS THE WAY TO GO I HAD A TRIPOD FROM OUTDOORSMAN AND THAT WAS ABOUT 500.00 AND LIKE THE VELBON WAY BETTER

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom