Need help. FL's vs EL's in the 10x42

T

theridge

Going to buy one of them but I'am in a quandry. The FLs are a bit cheaper but I know that the ELs outsell them. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

There is a slight weight difference and a feel (texture of coating and finish) difference. The eyecups are also different. Without glasses some people prefer the Zeiss.

Please feel free to give me a call to discuss the differences and which would be best for you. I am out of the store until Tuesday, however, you can call me at my home office, 516-208-8682, between 9&9 eastern time thru the weekend if you would like or call me Tuesday at the store. Have a great weekend.

If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
212-753-5128
[email protected]

It depends on what your eyes tell you. I compared both side by side for over an hour (unfortunately, not in the field). To my eyes, the Zeiss FLs had a purplish tint and were slightly less clear. My eyes told me the Swaros had more of a "natural" color to the objects I looked at. I did not care for the way the FLs felt in my hands either. I know that is a small thing, but when you spend a lot of time using them, you will notice the difference. You will most likely get many different opinions on this, but bottom line, compare the two and let your eyes tell you what is better.

Good luck,
Dave

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom