Need help with Bookcliffs!!!

B

bbentley392t

How goes it,
My name is Brad, and I'm a 26 year old archery hunter from Price-Utah...earlier this past week on Monday I received the great news (CC hit) that I've drawn a Book Cliffs archery tag and have been in an absolute frenzy ever since trying to dig up as much info as I can, in the process I found a few hunting videos on YouTube but nothing really outside of that. I was hoping that any of you with previous experience in that particular area might be willing to offer any advice & opinions you can, in regards to what I need to do as a hunter to place myself in a position to harvest a decent buck like so many have out of there...even though I live relatively close to the unit I have never once set foot in there and have absolutely idea where to even start scouting for bucks, anything you could offer would be sincerely appreciated. Thanks for your time, looking forward to haring back from you soon!

get you some good tires and carry a few spares. finding bucks wont be a problem.

Roadless or regular bookcliffs?

Well seems like you get to spent your summer scouting.

As you know deer are some what pattern-able.
Start with water, look high in am, check shadows at sundown.

If you need further assistant such as pack out, check out www.flyingJoutfitters.com

Midnight

1. Drive to top (divide road)
2. Drive along previously mentioned road
3. Look at dozens of bucks
4. Find buck you want to shoot
5. Shoot him

Ok, that's a little simplified. But just start on the divide road (it runs for 30+ miles) and see what you can see. Deer are on top in August. Glass the canyons and ridges, find one worth chasing, and devise a plan of attack. If it doesn't work, I promise you, there are more bucks to chase.

Good luck! That is a really fun hunt.

I apologize for my ignorance, which unit is books cliff and what state? I am from South Dakota just getting started in my Muledeer hunting! We have some, but not like other Western states.

Brad go read all the old post on the bookcliffs that will help. I did the same on the vernon. My boy drew a vernon archery tag it help alot. Good luck and have fun.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom