Nevada and BH 209

DMCHUNTER

Anyone know? Is it legal?

The book says Black powder or black powder substitute like T7 and Pyrodex.

I was thinking of triing some and if it worked out may be use it on my hunt. But don't want to waste my time if it is not legal.

BH209 seems to be legal in Nv. It is still a bp. I'd go ahead and use it.

BH will work fine in His & Her "Smokepoles",those unit 7 Bucks won't know what Hit-Em.Good Luck --- Bruce & SilverGrand

Too many Stinkies in 7 these days hoping there is at least one good muley left for me to try and find for my wife.

>BH209 seems to be legal in
>Nv. It is still a
>bp. I'd go ahead and
>use it.

You better look at the regs again, Buck Horn is not legal in Nevada during the muzzy season. Call NDOW at 775-777-2300

Actually, if you look in the regs and look at the manufacturers data for Blackhorn 209 you could surmise that it was legal. NDOW has now determined that it is not legal, and made a note on their website and supposedly mailed notices out to all muzzleloader hunters. The regs say nothing in regards to BH209. NDOW is now basically stating that BH209 is mislabeled by the manufacturer. They're going to have to change the regs next year.

BH-209 is a Nitro powder developed to meter and shoot like black powder.

But the fact is - it is a smokeless - progressive burning powder made with a nitro base.

I believe Nevada's regulations as well as those in Utah specifically mention that nitro cell powders can not be used during ML season.

Keep shooting muzzleloaders - they are a blast

It is illegal. I got one of those letters from the NDOW saying so a couple of weeks ago.

"We must hang together, gentlemen...else, we shall most assuredly hang separately."
BF

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom