Nevada Archery 241-245

ThunderBolt

Hi Muley's
I have a 2023 archery tag for antlered mule deer in Nevada unit 241-245 I've been on (2) scouting trips. Just got back from the 1st trip in 241 and what a huge space to find deer it's special out there. Any advice on where these deer hang out? I spent lots of time in bishop springs.. there was lots of scat and tracks but didn't glass anything during sunrise and sunset. Spoke to the apple orchard owner south of caliente which was pretty cool, he suggested pick a mountain and glass it till your eyes bleed "there's deer out there". We did spook a group of bucks on the trail but failed to find them by the time i had my bow out and started a stalk. Any suggestions will be great thank you
unit 241.jpg

cant imagine how hot it is. don't know anything about those units but i've hunted plenty of early season tags. im guessing between morning and evening you have about a total of an hour and a half of actually seeing bucks up and moving

cant imagine how hot it is. don't know anything about those units but i've hunted plenty of early season tags. im guessing between morning and evening you have about a total of an hour and a half of actually seeing bucks up and moving
It was pretty warm upper 80s lower 90s.

Call Greg Krogh. He’s reasonable on what he charges for a hunt and he will have you on a giant buck. That’s one of the top 5 places on the planet to shoot a big buck, landowner tags brought $50-80k in places there this year. It would be worth getting some helpf for that hunt.

With the weather headed toward that area I'd probably leave for a few days. If you stick around and that area gets hit, the main roads could be taken out.

After 5 days in 241 I was unsuccessful harvesting a buck.. heck we didn't even see a deer which kind of bums me out. Last 2 days of trip 9/1 and 9/2 had bad weather and rained which ruined the area's dirt roads and turned them into mud. My utv was struggling a bit. There was a 2 trailer hunting camp located deep into the area I think they may be stuck there till eveyrthing dries up. I may make a day trip this friday 9/8 to the rainbow canyon area in caliente... deer density is better. Fyi the areas i focused on and didnt see a damn thing ( bishop springs, jumbo springs, blyth spring and willow creek ) Starting to think most of these areas tree density is too thick and really hard to spot anything.. i glassed the small sage brush areas surrounded by trees. Anyhow is was a cool experience. Always next year

That pinion/juniper carpet is tough to hunt. I have heard the most successful way is to find a promising track and follow it.

Not likely to be another 24 tag next year, or any year in the foreseeable future. Bummer, I wish you the best of luck.

Have to tried Riggs spring area?
I did not try that area. Most likely headed back up for a Hail Mary day trip in the 4x4 truck. This is my first hunt ever and not getting a stalk or a look at a buck is getting to me. I enjoyed the time up there. But I would love to get something haha

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom