Nevada Rocky Mountain Rams!

NVBighorn

Long Time Member
Check out these badboys. One from the Ruby Mountains and one from the East Humboldts. Both sheep are potentially bigger than the previous number one Rocky Mountain ram from Nevada. Talk about a smile on a kids face. Heard the one from the East Humboldts scores 191 & change. :p

Wes, you know any more about these rams?

http://www.ndow.org/family/trophy.shtm

Howdy Nv
We were after Ballistic tip last year but couldn't find him. I went back in after the season and found him and Casper. I took about a hundred pictures of them. Our outfit went back in a couple days after Ballistic was killed and got Casper. He scores a little over 181. It's kind of sad now that these big rams are gone, we've watched them for so long. They were almost tame. I was within 20 yards of them right in the middle of the herd when I was taking pictures of them. There's still one more really big ram up there. I've got some great pictures of these rams alive but I don't know how to post them now that hunt101 is out. If some one can post them for me I'll send tham out.
Wes

Wes, send them to Kilowatt he knows how to post stuff. Hope you guys draw a sheep tag this year. I will help out glassing.....LOL....best of luck........ Allen Taylor......

Wes, Ahhh, I wondered if that was one of those two rams you posted pictures of last year. Knew it wasn't Casper but couldn't remember about the other one. So both are dead. It is indeed kind of sad. Can't blame the guys that killed 'em for doing it, I would to, but they were sort of legendary. So this year 181+, 188+ and 191+ rams were killed. Incredible.

Yes, email thse pix to Kilowatt. He's the master of picture posting.

Bura, you'd be welcome in my sheep camp any day.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-02-04 AT 02:39PM (MST)[p]I've uploaded them onto imagestation but everytime I try to post them here I come up with someone else's picture. I click on the box under the picture then copy and paste it here and a different picture comes up
Someone tell me what I'm doing wrong
Wes

Wes, not sure I understand but try right clicking on the picture itself and choose properties. Select the location/file name stuff and copy and paste that in here.

you can send them to me if you want, i'll post them. [email protected]

or try using photobucket.com

LAST EDITED ON Sep-02-04 AT 03:51PM (MST)[p]Wes,
I just sent you an e-mail and you can forward them to me and I will do the posting for you.

Forget that Sony Imagestation account, do like 264 Mag and a lot of us have and start an account at www.photobucket.com and it is still the same procedures to post pictures and easy. If you want any questions answered, drop me a line and I will send you a write-up.
The only thing I have not been able to do is take pictures from a Word Document file and get them changed from .doc to .jpg DeerKing has tried, but I just can't get the right steps to do it.

Brian
P.S. NV, I am not a Master of anything, but as far as pictures etc. go, the Masters I think are DeerKing,BuckSnort & _droptine_

Wes,

I just got a reply back saying that your address is not known, what is your e-mail address? Your e-mail address here at MM is as follows: [email protected] and it is telling me that is not valid anymore. It use to be msn.com over a year ago.

Need to update with Brian (Founder) here with your new address.

Brian

Killowatt
I sent you an e mail with a few of the pictures. Hopefully you'll get it. If not I'll try again when I get back. I have to be in Nevada tomorrow to guide some snowcock hunters for the next few days. My e mail address is [email protected]
Thanks
Wes

Wes just sent me these pictures and here they are of two BEAUTIFUL ROCKY BIGHORNS. When Wes gets back he can fill us in on these two, hope I get them in right order.
Casper.jpg

Sideveiw.jpg

rearveiw.jpg

caspersideveiw.jpg

Ballisticandlamb.jpg

Great pictures. Maybe a dumb question here - but how much of a curl is the ram in the second picture above? Trying to educate myself for the future.

Thanks

Those are some great rams. Both very classy looking. To answer Woodmooses' question I'd say they are both 7/8 curl rams. You determine the curl by (in your minds eye) drawing a line that bisects the eye and extends through the base of the ear. Then drop a line from the base of the ear that is perpindicular to the first line. If the horn reaches this line it is 3/4 curl. If the horn extends past this line but does not reach the line that bisects the eye it is 7/8 curl. If the horn reaches the line that bisects the eye it is a full curl. Hope that was understandable and helpful.

that Ram in the 2nd to last pic is a woolly old bugger! Great pics!

Michael~All Gods creatures welcome... right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom