Nevada unit 081

Probably depends on which guide.........and understand that unless that guide is with you, all you have is a worthless piece of paper. Like NO HUNTING without the guide.

I've talked to a few of them, all say tough hunting and success rate is very low, guided or not. lucky to see a 170 or bigger buck.

looks like You have answered Your question ... My records show that Mitch s CO. has drawn the tags last 2 years ? 8 B.P. in this "Special" draw can draw a better hunt unit not dependent on "Mother Nature" !!! Good luck,draw opens middle of Feb. ... Bruce & SilverGrand

LAST EDITED ON Jan-16-15 AT 07:55PM (MST)[p]Hunted the late season elk rifle with a buddie this year , and had the deer archery tag in 2011 and killed a 165 ish buck on the 2nd to last day . This year we saw a lot of rutting deer and one 170 type buck rutting hard ! No whoppers and a load of miles and glassing ! I burned up 8 points on the deer hunt in 2011 and had a great hunt, but I think finding a huge deer there would be a real strech !

LAST EDITED ON Jan-19-15 AT 10:42PM (MST)[p]
9666image.jpg

Sorry about the multiple posts- tried with spotty cell/data service from a iPad and it said it didn't go through.Moderators please feel free too delete extra pics.

Tough hunt for that many points. I've been up there 2 out of the last 3 years and know my way around the unit pretty well.

Low deer numbers in a lot of that unit and is really tough to score one 170 or better. I was just there on the late cow hunt and saw some deer but nothing better than 150 which would be generous for what I saw. Glassed a ton and didn't see good deer numbers either year.

Outfitter may have an area or 2 that is known to hold a decent buck but that hunt is supposed to be a migration hunt. Weather cooperates sometimes but sometimes it doesn't.

Thanks for all of the input everybody, sounds luck a very tough hunt and you need lots of luck too, I will have Rob put me in somewhere else.

Lol that buck is on my wall now, I killed it with rob in 2013 and saw a few bucks better than that one just couldn't get shots. Rob knows his areas and is a great guide

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom