Nevada vs Taulman

N

nvsportsman

Instead of 10% as he originally sued for, Mr. Taulman now wants 50% of ALL big game tags in the state of Nevada. He is also suing for lost income and business opportunities. Why such an increase now? Greed perhaps? Nevada already gives 10% of its tags to non-residents... hmmm...

Question for all the USO Outfitter fans: Now you know Mr. Taulman's intentions, how can you still support him? Money first, big game last, and we all lose. It's a sad day for all of us. USO Outfitters should change their slogan to "QUANTITY hunts for quality hunters."

I would like to know what you think.

nvsportsman

We from AZ have been telling all residents of western states for the last couple of weeks or so that USO's intentions were of greed and Money! It wasn't just an AZ issue. It seemed that other states Residents were being quiet about the situation hoping USO would just go away and not attack them.

It hurts when it hits home doesn't it! All western states are at risk now. NR's mostly from back east where the threat is not an issue are sucking it up and loving every minute of it. They have absolutly nothing to lose and everything to gain at our expense.

You are right, money first and Game last with USO. It's not about the hunt, or ethics or even about the game, it's all about the Dollar for USO! They have pitted East against West, hunter against hunter. PETA and Animal rights activists are loving it too. Does USO Care?

We, as fellow hunters (western hunters) need to stand together and we need to continue to hit the sponsors of USO and make them commit to which side they are on, Primos, Real Tree and Jim Zumbo have all stepped up to the plate and stated their commitments.

How about Swarovski Optics, Barns Bullets, Crookedhorn Outfitters and Knight Rifles. I know many E-mails have been sent to these sponsors with no reply, Maybe they are the money behind the machine taking away our State residents rights.

What is their commitment to us as customers. Is USO really that important to them? If we continue to inform them of our disgust in these lawsuits they will have to make a response. If they refuse to, we have to assume that they are on the side of USO. Do not buy their product and also inform them of your decision.

Contact them at:

http://www.swarovskioptik.at/english/kontact_us/index.asp?cat=Contact

http://www.barnesbullets.com/contact.php

http://www.crookedhorn.com/

http://www.knightrifles.com/ContactUs

Keep this post alive and on top of the forum, please post if you have written an E-mail to any of the sponsors. Western Outdoorsmen are an army of one, we need to stand together. Each of us can make a difference if we make a choice.

USO is a VOCAL miniority, don't sit on the sidelines and just wait to see what happens, lets voice our opinions and start where it can hurt the most by contacting the sponsors of USO.

Tell your friends and hunting partners to get involved.

Heck, if you want, I will write the E-mail for you.

Please post a reply response to help keep this post alive and on top of the forum!

Do it for yourself, your fellow hunters and your States Residents who want to sit on the sidelines to see what happens.

Nofear4

If Taulamn has funding backed by 2000+ people out east to hire lawyers to sue our states for more tags, why don't we (the Western sportsman) try and get some sort of grass roots effort together and hire our own hot shot lawyers to throw this back in Taulman's and the 9th circus' face and hopefully get this thing overturned or looked at the Supreme Court. Harder than it sounds, yes, but we have to start somewhere, and if this thing stands as is, we all loose. We relied on AZ's appointed lawyers and they failed us IMO. I for one would toss some money to the cause, and I know a lot who would. If this has been started let me know so I can participate as best I can.

Anyone know a good ambulance chaser up for a fight?

Just my two cents from across the pond.

S/F

Yes there is documentation about Taulman's latest court battle. I looked it up and found the documentation on the Nevada Department of Wildlife's next agenda. Here is the link if you want to look for yourself (http://www.ndow.org/about/news/pr/072704_mtg.shtm).

Zim - I don't want to sound confrontational, but are you affiliated with USO? You seem to be very passionate about their cause.

Yes Zim as a matter of FACT, I spoke with a Wildlife Commissioner yesterday. Everything that I have quoted and wrote is true and factual, Please visit NDOW website if you would like to see for yourself.

Nofear4 - I have kept up with this issue since Arizona Game and Fish has been in litigation with Mr. Taulman. I guess you can say that I have been a silent supporter of Western Hunters until now. I too have written emails, letters, and phone calls to all of the sponsors/supporters of USO outfitters. I am very passionate about the big game management in my HOME State of Nevada, as I was born and raised here. There is very little big game in this State compared to other Western States, and NDOW does a great job managing what resources we have. And to all of US that are in this fight together, YOU need to make sure that YOUR Wildlife Dept knows how YOU feel, and that YOU support them 100% on this issue. This decision may be appealed and overturned if WE make our Senators and Congressman aware of this lawsuit and let them know how we feel.

I e-mailed NDOW and asked them what they were going to do. I said I hoped they had a better plan than what Arizona did. Hopefully some better developements will enable this to be settled among all concerned without unfairness and bias. I've been trying for that elk tag for the past 9 years and I don't want to have to compete 1 on 1 for this tag. Raising the tag cost is stupid since that only benefits the rich and these are the one causing this dilema. I think the west needs to get together and figure out a fair and resonable solution to this. West wide hunting tags comparable to each state issuance.

When I get to the Nevada website I only find the same article that has been there for days, I don't see anything about 50% of the tags. Am I missing something?

I am a disgusted RESIDENThunter in AZ.seeing as I didnt get drawn for crap AGAIN,I think that I could throw some money in for this.thank god we can still buy archery tags over the counter along with archery turkey and rifle bear. I guess its not a total loss

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom