New Ammo Sales Law in CA

huntindad4

Very Active Member
Does anyone have the details of a law to go into effect Feb. 1st?

I have heard that we will no longer be allowed to mail order ammo and will have to relinquish a fingerprint to buy ammo at a store! I don't know if this is accurate or not.

Another question I wonder about is if a CA resident will be able to purchase ammo when out of state? Or will it be like firearms sales.

I can't wait to get out of this ridiculous state.

Bill

hand gun ammo only......

...and when was the last time an out of state ammo salesman asked where you lived ???

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Dec-26-10 AT 05:41PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-26-10 AT 05:40?PM (MST)

Never but with many changes in CA laws some of the surrounding states have caved to their (CA Govt.) wishes such as I can't go to OR 20 miles away and buy tires at Les Schwab without paying CA sales tax based on my vehicle plates .

I was told by a co-worker that is from ID that ID residents can't buy fireworks (the good ones) that are sold in a couple of places along the route through Boise and Twin Falls but Residents of other states can purchase them but can't use them in ID. He said they check your license every time.

Last I checked you had to be 18 to buy ammo and 21 to buy pistol ammo and it might be a requirement as with alcohol sales to card you in which case there is no need for the question of residency. Also it will depend to what degree (usually the umpteenth with CA)they take "pistol" ammo as almost every round made has been manufactured in some form of handgun.

Any further info is appreciated and any further smarta$$ comments if you must.

Bill

Although D13er's response was "short and sweet", it appears he is probably correct.

Here is the text to the law, AB962.

http://www.ab962.org/ReadAB962.aspx

Here is what Cabelas has to say about it.

http://www.cabelas.com/custserv/custserv_popup.jsp?pageName=californiapop

I believe it applies only to mail order. Next time I'm out of State I will test it. Like most gun laws, it's pretty much worthless for detering crime.

Eel

it's not a 40 incher but it's closer than the last 40 incher you posted....

JB

Thanks for the link Eel.

Oh and I know not to take offense at D-13er's special charm and "short and sweet" responses.

I did notice in reading the link (if I am understanding correctly) that clips and speedloaders are include.

This state is delusional and your right as with all other gun laws it will be worthless as a deterrent.

Bill

...only a California law maker could write something this idiotic with a straight face......

"For purposes of this section, "ammunition" shall include, but not be limited to, any bullet, cartridge, magazine, clip, speed loader, autoloader, or projectile capable of being fired from a firearm with deadly consequence. "Ammunition" does not include blanks."

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

DeLeon is an idiot.....The sad part is no out of state retailer will risk sending in ANY ammo period. We have all seen TC contenders, Savage Strykers, and other "handguns" chambered for rifle rounds. Say goodbye to mail/web order.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

You can bet your bottom dollar that a lot of CA. stores that sell ammo will pee their pants with joy over this law. Now they can up their prices and not fear their customers being able to order via internet and get cheaper prices out of state.

I am glad that I cast about 80% of the ammo that I use. I also stocked up on lead and wheel weights before they outlawed that also. Got enough to last me for about 10 years.

Just remember one thing boys "hand gun ammo today....long gun ammo tomorrow" These guys that make these laws never quit.

You can add componets also. The bullets are already covered under the present description of Ammunition as the "projectile".

RELH

I read this morning that over 700 new laws took effect in
California yesterday. Do you feel safer??

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom