New Big Horn Sheep rifle.

DIYhunter

I ordered this rifle six months ago in the hopes of some day drawing a BH sheep tag. I didn't draw one this year, but my 16 year old daughter, Kayla was fortunate enough to draw the August desert big horn ram hunt on the Armendaris! Needed a defibrillator when I seen the results! We are super excited and have already made several trips scouting as its only about 2 hours away from Albuquerque. Long story short this is a custom 6.5 Creedmoor made by Charley Robertson at Score High Gunsmithing and if all goes according to plan the first animal it takes will be a desert bighorn. Good luck to everyone who was also fortunate to draw a tag and look forward to the pictures on our NM forum.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos_2016/56194image.jpeg

>Wow, congrats to her. And
>that looks like a nice
>rifle, good luck and post
>pics after the hunt
+1

That's a sweet setup. Good luck to your daughter! I drew one of the WSMR sheep tags and am headed down to scout next week.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-22-16 AT 05:02PM (MST)[p]Congrats on the tag and a great looking new rifle. What bullet do you plan I shooting? Specs on rifle? With a brake I'm betting that thing is like a 22. Love the 6.5s!!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-22-16 AT 05:55PM (MST)[p]After I break in barrel, I have reloaded some 143 eld-x's, 140 vld's, and 140 acubonds. Will see which one shoots best and go with that.

Rem 700 action blueprinted, fitted, recut, and truing of receiver and bolt.

Premium quality Stainless Bartlein barrel. 26" #2 medium sporter. Epoxy bedded and free floated in McMillan coffee camo stock.

Score High muzzle break

Federal brown Cerakote finish.

Jewell 3lbs.

Precision scope mount: vortex viper HS LR.

Atlas bipod system

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom