New Colorado Hunting Statistics Format

I like that the CPW combined the hunting recap report and drawing summary reports into one form. I also really like that on page 1 and 2 they break down, by preference points, how many total hunters applied and also how many spent their points.

The only thing I wish they would do (correct me if I'm wrong) is show accurately the number of hunters that remained in the pool for 2nd, 3rd, 4th choices. They use the raw number of hunters that actually applied for these choices without subtracting out the hunters that drew their 1st choice, so you can't really calculate out what the odds are of drawing a tag with your second choice.

Yup, easy to read how many res or NR w each # of points drew each hunt code. This makes the old drawing stats obsolete.

I HATE CHANGE!! I like doing the 65/35 math my self. Hey wait
a minute.... Well hell change is good after all... I think I like it.
Front Range I hear you, hard to get a rock solid hold on second choice draw odds.... there is a 'Missing" pool there...

It sure seems more transparent but we have just now seen it.
looking forward to tearing it down tonight...

Very nice the way they have it now. If all the states had something like this, the draw odds websites will be out of business...

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Great, huge improvement. it makes you wonder why those young computer experts couldn't have done this years ago. Before, to figure things out, you had to go to either the summary or hunt recap, write down the pertinent info, then go to the other and combine the stats to determine success probability in your situation. Not now.

Yes, it's a great improvement.

But it still amazes me how much more complicated the regulations can be in different states. For example the Wyoming elk statistics are 38 pages, for Colorado it's 917 pages.

I use Hunters Trailhead a lot and there are things I like about it and things I don't like. It allows you to look at a lot of information quickly including point creep over the last few years. What I don't like is that it is always updated late. The Wyoming draw statistics were out months ago and they still aren't updated on Hunters Trailhead.

WVHUNTER:

I agree with you on the Hunter's Trailhead info coming out too late. It is normally October before the data for that year is posted. It is a good quick reference so I keep renewing but like you, wish the info was available earlier.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom