New G-3 Thread

After holding out for 3 days, I shot this monster Tuesday mid-morning. He had about 6 does with him. We'd seen some other smaller bucks that we passed on. This buck field dressed a whopping 53 pounds and green scored at 34 inches. After waiting 23 years to draw, my guide and I were extrememly happy. Other hunters we spoke to hadn't seen a whole lot and would've loved to see a buck of this caliber. This truly is the hunt of a lifetime.

7317img_0442.jpg

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer
Great transaction, fast payment, A+++++

You might just top that one if you draw the bookcliffs after just a 11 year wait wiz.

Dang Wisz, don't let out your guides name or everyone will want to hire him and your price will go up!!!

Milk,its umbilical cord was hung up one in one of those cactus bushes when he stalked it.

LMAO! My covers blown...this deer was killed on Catalina Island about 3 years ago on a doe hunt. Our hunt was the first hunt where the Conservancy allowed bucks to be harvested. This was the first deer we came across. There was a huge fire on the island and more than half was burned. Notice how nasty and skinny that buck looks. There wasn't a whole lot for all the deer to eat since most of the forage was burned. Anyway, that "guide" is my Dad. I paid for the hunt for his Bday present. We were able to take two deer a piece but we only harvested one each due to the lack of animals. I hope to see some real pics of the Goodale hunt on here soon.

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer

Every buck killed must be going on a magazine cover thats why were not seeing any pics yet.

>Every buck killed must be going
>on a magazine cover thats
>why were not seeing any
>pics yet.

No kidding... Damn season has been open for 6 days now.... C'mon crappy cell phone pics.

"The parade was cancelled due to lack of weather. It may POSSIBLY be rescheduled, on or about the 12th of Dec."

"Fathom the hypocracy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove that they are insured.....but not everyone must prove that they are a citizen"

Okay Paul.. Here are a couple of photos of the buck I too last Saturday. I will post pics first and recap the hunt tomorrow.

Here is Nickman and I with my buck.

4846027.jpg

Me with my deer

3862015.jpg

6268022.jpg

More to follow..

Jim

JIM.......NICE LOOKIN BUCK FOR SURE.......CONGRATS. NICKMAN IS LOOKIN LIKE A MOUNTAIN MAN.........HOPE YOU FELLAS HAD FUN !!!!!................YD.

Good job, Jim! Thats a good looking buck. Why do you guys look so tired? LOL. One thing is missing....no beer cans in the pic..and where the hell is Paul?

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer

Glad you found something you're happy with! I have photos of your buck from a distance......those three cheaters make it very unique.

BOHNTR )))---------->

Good job! That's a great buck and I'm glad your happy with it.

Paul must be closer to the cooler eh?

Bill

Look out Forkie, FTW is watching us!

Very nice Buck Jim. Glad you had a good Hunt.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Jim, Cali Cheater bucks are hard to come by. Looks like you got a nice one, Congrats!!

How about a little story of the hunt?

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I always wondered what Nicky looked like!:D

Nice job guys!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

LAST EDITED ON Dec-12-11 AT 01:57PM (MST)[p]Here you go Jim here is a nice pic or your buck. A little hard to see the stickers point but this is your buck. Congrats on a nice one. Enjoy Kurt

8028buck_under_an_oak.jpg

Kurt

Looks as if the picture has been photoshoped!

The NO TRESPASSING sign is missing!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

Hey now I am not trying to start any sh*t here, just trying to give Jim some nice pics of his deer alive. Hey this buck was on legal ground and Jim liked him so Bang is all that needs to be said. Nice buck.

Here are 2 more shots of this buck 1st pic you can start to see the sticker points and the 2nd one was when he ran in front of me. 2nd pic not a great shot but he was moving pretty good.

3201side_shot.jpg

5432side_shot_2.jpg

Kurt

Thank you everyone for the kind words, the hunt while way to short due to work was certainly a lot of fun. I met some great people that really went out of their way to help make this happen because without them the outcome would certainly have been different and I cannot say how much I appreciate all of your efforts (Don, Tom, Steve, Carla).

I was able to meet a couple MM members and that is the part that made this hunt so much fun. Nickman (Don) knows the G-3 zone like no other and I can't thank him enough for taking me out and it was because of Don and his family members that I was able to kill that buck. Don is a prince of a guy for all he does to help people with their hunts and a all around good guy that is a lot of fun to be around.

I had so much fun opening day with Don, his buddy Tom and my son inlaw Jason looking over the zone, swapping stories, lies and all that good stuff. To me that is what made this hunt and while it was nice getting a buck that I really liked it would have been okay had I not punched my tag. My only gripe was I did not have enough time because I sure wanted to stay up there for a while.

Paul Crawford came in Saturday afternoon and all of us were able to get together Saturday night and I think a good time was had by all. Paul is a good guy and lot of fun to be around and I hope we can all get together and do a hunt of some kind.

Well it's time to start work so I will finish this later..

Jim

Jim, let's get together for that dove hunt we talked about. My son (Will) and nephew (Brooks) are game to make the drive. I'll bet Don wouldn't mind melting the barrel of a shotgun, too. Stay in touch, PC.

>Hey now I am not trying
>to start any sh*t here,
>just trying to give Jim
>some nice pics of his
>deer alive. Hey this
>buck was on legal ground
>and Jim liked him so
>Bang is all that needs
>to be said. Nice
>buck.
>
>Here are 2 more shots of
>this buck 1st pic you
>can start to see the
>sticker points and the 2nd
>one was when he ran
>in front of me.
>2nd pic not a great
>shot but he was moving
>pretty good.
>
>
3201side_shot.jpg

>
>
5432side_shot_2.jpg

>
>Kurt

Kurt,

Thank you very much for posting the photos of the buck I killed. They are great photos and I have never had a live photo
of a deer I tagged. I appreciate you taking the time to post the pics. Where was he when you took these pics?

>Congratulations Jim! I like that rack.
>It almost looks like summer
>time out there.
>
>Eel

Thanks Steve... It may look like summertime but it was damn cold. I believe opening morning it was down in the teens with the wind blowing.

Sounds good Paul, lets plan on the dove hunt. Lets try to get a group together as it's a real barrel burner and the more shooters the better.. I know it will be fun.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-16-11 AT 10:30AM (MST)[p]He was in the creek bottom with a bunch of does. Then this other knarly buck came over and ran him off and he just ran like hell up and across Onion Valley Road and then up above the road. You can see the road in the 2nd pic. If you want a high resolution image of the pics pm me your email. Enjoy Kurt

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom