New Idaho Laws

Iddogguy

New Laws Passed

IMG_8319.jpeg

About time, the current system has been broken/overwhelmed for about 5 years now. Bring on the NR general season draw, at least so you can apply with your family/hunting buddy.

id say the idea is to get extra revenue but the reality is probably any non resident coming to shed hunt, or at least most, are probably buying a hunting license for sometimes later in the year any way so "added" revenue likely isn't going to happen. jst maybe get it a little earlier.

i can remember when i would tell someone about shed hunting and they'd be like "what?" seems like a long time ago now

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that since non residents will be drawing for tags long after "Shed Season" is over perhaps some won't buy a license.
I guess we'll wait to see how and what is required by IDFG for the nonres draw process.
You would assume they will be smart enough to require a license purchase for the draw but then again it is the government.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that since non residents will be drawing for tags long after "Shed Season" is over perhaps some won't buy a license.
I guess we'll wait to see how and what is required by IDFG for the nonres draw process.
You would assume they will be smart enough to require a license purchase for the draw but then again it is the government.
They already require you buy a license for the limited draw or to purchase a general season tag on Dec 1 when they go on sale for the following year.

I guess we will see what the new draw committee does.
They have 2.5 years to figure out something the private sector could do in 30 days.
Completely agree. Not sure why it takes 2.5 years for them to figure this out. They have several case studies of draw systems in different states that have been running for decades and they have their own draw system for OIL and LE tags. Not sure why they need all this time? Perhaps the plan is to implement sooner and they just wanted to provide plenty of buffer time?

Completely agree. Not sure why it takes 2.5 years for them to figure this out. They have several case studies of draw systems in different states that have been running for decades and they have their own draw system for OIL and LE tags. Not sure why they need all this time? Perhaps the plan is to implement sooner and they just wanted to provide plenty of buffer time?
Because farmers are running the show and they are always a day late, confused, and can’t manage game worth a **** unless it’s in their pivot. Two years ago they handed out twice as many Sheep tags as they had and had to call a bunch of hunters and tell them they really didn’t draw!

Agreed, It just has to happen.So many people moving in and so much pressure on wildlife.
The old days are over and the state is gonna be forced to protect the resource because hunters sure arnt gonna do it.I just hope they get started soon before this state becomes unrecoverable.

Agreed, It just has to happen.So many people moving in and so much pressure on wildlife.
The old days are over and the state is gonna be forced to protect the resource because hunters sure arnt gonna do it.I just hope they get started soon before this state becomes unrecoverable.
You don’t need a point system for this. Restrict non Rez tags like Wyoming does, make residents pick a weapon season for both deer and elk. Do that for a while first, don’t just jump into the proven broken idea of points.

100% random draw for non Rez tags , 5 year wait period if you get a tag. Seriously, anything will be better for you then a point system
Idaho does not want a five-year waiting period for us non-residents they want to get that hunting license $ as quickly as possible one year wait is not long enough.

So laughable and easy to see who the real problems are and it's not the landowners who feed the public's wildlife all year.
It's the hunters who feel entitled to "their resources ".
Idaho will go 100% draw for all or they will lose their animals quickly.
Comparing Idaho to Wyoming is uneducated.

Last edited:
Idaho is growing far too fast.
They better get control of the hunting pressure being applied by the resident asylum seekers.
Unfortunately man is too dumb to stop the bleeding and will 100% screw this up.

I’d say Idaho & New Mexico never go to a point system. I’d bet several states wish they never implement one!!!!
Actually I bet there isn’t a single state that wishes that.They seem to make a lot more money.Idaho is leaving a lot of money on the table.
They need to choose between Utahs system and Nevada.

Sorry jealous one, that's not how the law is written.
Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and buy up some BLM leases and don't put cows on them?
Instead of chirping, chip in.

Sorry jealous one, that's not how the law is written.
Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and buy up some BLM leases and don't put cows on them?
Instead of chirping, chip in.
LOL!

on a completely unrelated note anyone see the like 500K sheep they crossed on 55 a couple weeks ago?

Last edited:
Actually I bet there isn’t a single state that wishes that.They seem to make a lot more money.Idaho is leaving a lot of money on the table.
They need to choose between Utahs system and Nevada.
I don’t think so. Idaho will do just fine with no point system. Idaho requires a hunting license to apply, say 50 dollar application fee. They will make plenty in license fees & application fees. They will have thousands of people buying licenses just to apply.

No need for point system. Utahs system is the last thing I would want!

Don't you metro hunters understand why you always spot the critters in the green alfalfa???
That's cause that's where they live and eat.
Buy a ranch, get in shape, and go hunt.
Perhaps it will make you happy?
Being jealous of the neighbor isn't healthy.

You don't need to be ashamed.
It's ok to watch gay man videos when you're an out of work dirt guy.
Perhaps go out in the garage and fix the holes in the wall?
Do something that provides you with a sense of self worth.
It's gonna be a great day!!!

You’re on the computer a lot during the day for a big time “rancher” not too busy with all that cattle huh?

Nope.
It's leased out now days.
Invest wisely and thanks for asking.
That’s the great thing about autonomy on the internet. You can tell any one your anything :ROFLMAO:

Dream big though. I’m sure you’ve watched Yellowstone 20 times all the way through. Tell me all about how your family really pioneered the whole west and you own half it

Last edited:
The tards are up from their nap.
Don't forget your pickleball rackets boys.

Oh and the last thing I would do is publicize our property.
We already deal with a ton of clowns just like you entitled out a state implant residents.

Thank god stepdads raised your children.

Sorry you know so much about trailers, welfare, gay dudes and such.
I want happiness for you.
It will help build your confidence and your insecurities will melt away.

Try cooking or perhaps help out around the house.
Clean up that messy garage full of useless items.
Head down to the park in Boise and practice your fly casting.
Put some weed killer on the yard.
Fold some clothes.
Make your mom a nice something for mother's day.

You can do it if you try and you'll feel better about yourself.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom