New Kid On The Block

slamdunk

Might be one worth looking at.....
Screenshot_20200121-211242_Chrome.jpg

Yea i just did the same. 3200fps at the barrel with the energy it has at 1000 yards and the drop compared to the 270 wby. I might need one of these.

Jack would be proud that his beloved 270 Win is all grown up.

Finally something different (faster twist barrel, high BC bullets) for the .277 crowd.

Zeke

It’s been a wildcat for a while now. Noslers version is based of 30Nosler so the shoulder and length is a touch shorter than previous wildcats.
Should be a fun cartridge especially when setup for a full length long action.

I just looked it up 1:8.5 that’s going to be a sweet cartridge...
Although I hated my 26 nosler, it put a lot of animals in the dirt for me in its short life span. However I can see this as the facelift the .277 caliber has long needed. That being said RCBS has been making dies for it for a while now so it’s technically not the new kid on the block, it’s just graduated from a wildcat to a production rifle.

Dang, am I the only one still shooting a300 win mag?

Nope. Some of us still shoot a 300 WM and a 7mm mag.

I'm guessing with this new cartridge, all the 270, 30-06, 7mm, 300 WM, 338 WM, and even all the WSM's are ancient history. All we'll be left with is the wonder(?) cartridge 6.5 Creedmoor and the new Nosler. :D

The only newer cartridge that interests me at all is the 6.5 PRC;
but the more the merrier otherwise firearm companies would be out of business if they didn't continue to have new whizbang products.

It just means bullet makers will start build heavier .277 bullets... that’s a plus for .277 fans!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom