New Knee

BacDoc

I finally gave in and had a new knee put in about 3 weeks ago. I'm starting to get around without crutches. So far things seem to be going pretty well. I know there are other has beens at MM. I'm just wondering what my expectations for the future should be. What helps or hurts recovery? I'm hoping to take Gator up on a Pheasant hunt offer in the future. Tell me like it is. Liven' the Dream (I think) Thanks, BacDoc

Wondering why I hadn't seen you around BacDoc!

The Guys I know that have went through it claim it is extremely important to listen to the "KneeDoc" :D and do exactly as they say & do the Therapy also!

I've Blowed both Knee's out and it Ain't a Good thing!

Hope you're doping OK!

I'm Perty sure by Elk Season you'll be feeling way better!:D

Hope all is Well Bern!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Every one I know who had the operation said that they made the same mistake! They all said that they did not try hard enough to do what the therapist said and all have had problems with the fist knee operated on.(lack of full movement).....God luck.

Doc, I had a knee replacement back in Sept. 2011. I knew exactly what to do as my brother had a new knee about a year earlier. I listened to the therapist and followed instructions completely. I did more exercises than prescribed and I am completely satisfied with my new artificial knee. Plan on getting my other knee replaced one of these times. You are way through the pain involved with a knee replacement. I am sure you will remember all the fun you had during the first week after the surgery-----I certainly do. Good luck and I think that you will be saying that it was a good move probably within the next three months. Takes a while to heal completely....probably one full year.

The guy I used to build cabinets for had 5 knee replacements. Just do more than what the therapist asks you... Suck up the pain and make that dam thing bend! After a while it won't hurt and you will have your flexibility back in no time. After the first visit to the therapist he never had to go back cause he was so far along...

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

....wow...at least 5 knees??????....you worked for a spider???

When you go swimming in the ocean, it is very cold, and it makes my willy small

Get that thing working again, those birds like those who walk and push them with dogs. But we use cripples and old men for blockers. LOL
I'm a few years from getting those things done too. so I'm praying yours are going to be good.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Thanks for the replies, and encouragement. I'll be 3 weeks into recovery tomorrow. The Holidays have fouled up my therapy schedule, but I've been able to do a lot on my own. Thank Goodness for LoriTabs the first few days. The flexibility has really increased the last couple of days. My only complaint about the therapist is they don't push me enough. Just because I make a little noise they want me to back off. Is it possible to push to hard? I don't think they're use to has been wrestlers. I'm hoping to be able to get more than a quarter mile from the horses this fall. I haven't killed a wild rooster in 3 or 4 years. Being house bound is the pits. I think the Dreams coming back. BacDoc

Hey Bern!

Not a lot of Snow this year!

You wanna go for a Hike?:D

Kiddin!

Best not listen to some of us MM Docs!:D

Hope you're doing OK!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

I'm not ready for a hike, but I was able to go for a drive on Saturday. I have to use my right leg to brake, but it's nice to not need a driver. I'm hoping to go back to work by the first of Feb.. My wife's glad that I'm able to do the chores, she got tired of feeding the horses. Liven' the Dream. BacDoc

>....wow...at least 5 knees??????....you worked for
>a spider???

he wore out the replacement knees and had them replaced. he didnt go easy on them...

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom