New Knee

Going in this Friday to get a knee replacement, hurt the damn thing 12 plus years ago when I was a mere lad of 48. Still remember the place and how I did it (Idaho, Elk hunt). Couple micro surgeries thrown in over the years to keep me going, but its just purely bone on bone now (has been for a while). Figure I am going to need it now to keep up with my grandsons and all these young guys chasing them big bulls & bucks. I know I am not the only one so lets here from you.

Magnum

Good luck Mr Mag!

Knock on wood, we're about the same age and I don't need anything like that yet.

Zeke

I just had an appointment a few days ago with my orthopedist to
discuss my knees.....it won't be long before I will be looking at
knee replacement.
Good luck on the operation and keep us posted on the recovery
process.

Magnum, I am 67 years old. Three years ago I had my right knee replaced. Best thing to happen to me in a while. Be certain to do all of the therapy after the replacement surgery and then some. the more limber you make your new knee, the more limber it will be forever. I plan on having my other knee replaced about April 1, 2015. Some pain involved for the first week or two but manageable with modern pain killers. I think you made a good decision. Cow Tag

Feel for you
My knee's are fine, but i am going in for back surgery 2/26/2015.
2nd time, fusing L5/S1...No disc left, cant put it off anymore.

Doubt i will be able to participate in this years elk camp in ID.
But we shall see.

I have had a couple of friend who had both knee's replaced. The one who really kept up with his rehab...did well, the othere not so much,,, He didn't have as good of results. Continues to walk with a cane.
Make sure your gung ho on your rehab !!!!

Thanks guys, I am in pretty good shape (other than my knee) wife and I been working out with a trainer couple years now. Been really putting my legs (knee) through the mill trying to get it as strong as possible since doc said I need a new one and could not hurt the old one anymore than I have. Went out and got me a stationary bicycle to go along with the rehab, hoping to get this put behind me in the next 4-6 weeks (got hunts to get lined up) Cowtag good luck on your upcoming knee replacement. Gspman, my hunting partner has been through 5 back operations and the guy still amazes me every year. Good luck to you on your upcoming surgery. If you do not make elk camp this year I am sure you will make it next year! "Jacks Creek" Idaho is where I originally damaged my knee, awesome country back there.

Wish you the best and quick and full recovery. After your rehab. You will be ready for the 2015 hunting season.

))))------->

Went in Friday morning,came home sat afternoon.they flat have this down. Doc said my knee was a total mess. Swelled up and sore, got to hold myself back so I do not over do it. Ready to get this rehab going! 2015 hunts here I come!

Magnum

I had both knees done last year, the best thing I ever did, I was 64 and for the last 5 yrs. I couldn;t go hardly at all, too much pain. This year at 65 I went to Co. unit 61 and went all over the place and no pain.I shot a great bull with my bow and packed it out. I fill like a kid again.

Ron

Little update, been able to get some movement out of the new knee. Been walking a lot with walker ( much as I can stand) and doing excercises 3-4times daily. Lots of ice pack time. U guys who have been through this give me some hints about how long this stuff takes will ya. Never been big on patience but learning fast. Been lucky I guess as this is the only time i have ever hurt something so bad it had to be replaced.
Later
Magnum

The main thing is, do the excersises, very inportant. I felt petty good at 3wks, played golf at 4wks. The knees still get a little stiff if I lay around alot. It;s been 8mos. now and I feel great. Remember, everyone is a little different.
Ron

Magnum, I had my knee replaced about 3.5 years ago and I remember that it was just about a year after the surgery that I realized that I was in good shape. Glad that I had the operation and I need to have my left knee replaced and do plan on it. You will improve over time gradually. Exercise frequently and keep the knee limber. In six months you will be recommending to your friends to have their knee surgery. Good luck to you, Cow Tag from southern Illinois.

Hi guys, well it's been 6 weeks and the new knee is coming around nicely. Hear is my take on it. The first 2-3 weeks you find yourself questioning yourself if you really should of did it. Quite a Bit of pain, always thought of my self as a tough guy till this. You will take the pain meds,believe me.By week four things started changing pretty drastically for the better. Had to really accept the phrase "less is more" when it came to doing the excercises they want you to do. I was always one to do 12 when someone told me to do 6. Finally figured out That I was taking 3 steps forward and 2 backwards by doing to much. Once I got my excercises on line, knee came around pretty quickly. Therapist said 110 degrees on the bend was what they wanted and i am pushing 120 so I could not be happier. Now I just need to get the rest of my body back in shape. Worst part for me, sitting around doing nothing for 5-6 weeks damn near drove me stir crazy!
Really looking forward to hunting season this year, be the first time in a long time my knee will not be my weak point. Good luck to you all on your draws!
Magnum

I wish you the best. I'm a few year younger then you but if I walk a few miles in tough country my knee does bother me some. I'm hoping not have to go through it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom