new leica Ultravid's vs swarovski EL's

G

graybeard

I'm thinking of upgrading my leica trinavid's and can't decide. Has anyone reserched the difference? I know they are both excellent but just wondering what others have found. Thanks, Steve

I have never been to a store that had the leica Ultravids but I recently bought a pair of EL's which I feel are superior to the trinovids and the swaro slc's. I compared everything out there (except for the ultravids) and the EL's were #1. The slc's and trinovids were neck and neck. I imagine that the ultravids and el's are gonna be so close that its gonna boil down to personal preference. Don't forget to research the warranties and how well each company honors them. And lastly, take them both outside and compare, compare, compare. Goodluck. Fatrooster.

Thanks for the reply Fatrooster, I finally got down to Sportsmens Warehouse and was able to take them both outside to compare. It was a very tough call but I think the Ultravids were a touch brighter. The colors were excellent in both. The EL's seemed to have a smoother focus, not clearer, just easier to focus. We also took the trinovid BN's 10X42 and compared them to the SLC's 10X42s and they were both very close but the BN's were again a touch brighter than the SLC's. I really think it does come down to personal preference. If I could get the EL's for the same price as the Ultravids I'd get them but we'll see what I end up with..... Steve

The facts are they are both awesome binoculars you could not go wrong with either. Swarovski have an excellent warranty and a huge draw in the states lots of advertising very good binoculars excellent coatings. The Leica use the best grade of optical glass and have the least problems of any binocular also excellent lens coatings warranty is good but you will probably not have to use it. They are both very good binoculars and if you picked the wrong one wow you have yourself one of the best binoculars made.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom