New Mexico Antelope Tags

P

pronghorn

I see mention of antelope Tags in an earlier post. Does anybody know of any Landowner which has any extra for sale????? We are interested in 2 tags in an area with the potential for a 82 inch or better bucks only as we have shot 78 inch type animals before.

Pronghorn,
Are you wanting to go bow or rifle? I know some landowners that have bow hunts still open. The cost is $1850 +license. The price includes lodging, meals, and directions. They said they will have guides in camp if needed. The hunt dates are Aug. 23-28. The hunt is north of Ft. Sumner, and the trophy potential is very good. Their hunters have taken 17-18" antelope yearly. The mass in that area is usually pretty good. Let me know if I can get you set up with some tags.
Josh

Josh
Thanks for the information. I am a bowhunter but the other guy is not. That sounds like a very good deal. I am trying to find a hunt in the Sept 4 and 5 zones as it fits my schedule "I run food stands and am at the Minnesota State Fair the dates of Aug 23-28". Thanks for trying!

Pronghorn,
Sorry that you can't make it. I don't know of an Antelope hunt in NM for Sept. 4&5. I know it sounds way too early, but you could always look into booking for next year. The rifle hunts are usually ~3rd weekend of Sept. and run about the same as the bowhunts, except that a guide comes standard.
Good luck finding a tag.
Josh

I was wrong. I want to hunt the September 20 21 Season. I hunted it last year with Tony Grimmet and had a great hunt although I didn't see the animal I wanted so I went home empty. I just thought it would be more fun to do it on my own, and my friend who wants to go does not have the firing power for an outfitted hunt. I have called most of the landowners with tags in unit 36 and most of them already have commitments for their tags. It may be too early as I do not believe the landowners get the tags untill June. I thought I would make this post in the hopes that a landowner with a couple of tags might answer???

Pronghorn,
Your right, the landowners don't receive their license apps until around June. However, almost every landowner I know of has already booked their hunters. Get the list from the G&F of landowners and then start calling. Good luck.
Josh

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom